how often are you having sex to concieve?

tulip2002

Reaction score
Im on day ten of stopping the mini pill and since i have stopped it for some reason i find myself wanting sex as much as possible, not for pleasure, just to concieve, before i wasnt wanting to try for another baby me and partner only had sex at weekend when hes off work, but now im planning on every other day, every day if possible. Since ive stopped the pill, already have 3 and planning 4th. My last. Does everybody else try and do it everyday also.?

I tried to do it a day before I thought i would get a positive opk and then when i got a positive opk and the day after. Worked for me 3 times. I got pregnant 3 times and 2 out of those 3 was a miscarriage but now my babe is going to be 4 years old.

I also tend to have sex on the weekends. Still do unless i got a positive opk during the week.

Hi!

This cycle dh and I are trying for every day. Not ovulating yet but so far so good. Lol. Fx this will be our month

I tried to conceive for a year before falling pregnant with this one. We attempted to have sex fairly often during most of the months we were TTC. We never managed to do it more than once every 2-3 days, though. However, the month I had a chemical (3 months into TTC) and the month I got my BFP (12 months into TTC) were both occasions when we had sex only *once* within my fertile zone (and once about a week before that both times). With the chemical we only had sex the day of my positive OPK. With my BFP we only had sex the morning after my positive OPK. There are likely a lot of different factors that played into me finally getting my BFP, but less sex seemed to work well for us.

I've heard every other day is good, but if you can do it everyday then your upping your chances more I would imagine.

For us, we have only managed once a couple of days before ovulation this month due to a really busy tiring week!

It only takes the one spermy though so good luck!

I was always led to believe it best to do it every other day, so the sperm can regenerate thoroughly. I usually try every other day, although that sometimes doesn't happen! This month started cd8 and will do every other day.

We try for every other day but realistically sometimes it is every three days.

My RE said to do it the day of positive opk and the day after. With those your bases should be covered and less stress of a "sex marathon" as my doctor says lol

Every time I have been pregnant we were not sure how it happened because we only did it once , months we obsessed over making it happen and were doing it often it never happened.

We only dtd once on O day when we fell pregnant with this little one.

Hey! I'm new to this page, but I thought I could leave a little input :) We are currently trying the SMEP plan, the Sperm Meets Egg Plan. It's BDing EOD until a positive OPK, then 3-4 days in a row, skip a day, then one more time for good measure...then back to EOD until BFP or AF shows up. it really just covers your bases

I have never had a positive opk and I can't be bothered with testing so this month we are trying to do it every day. Hubby is very happy!

This month we are BD every day within my fertile window until my temp rises.

My doctor said that BD every other day was best, but after doing a bit of Googling it said that the odds were slightly better every day. I also read that the every other day to regenerate is now a myth.

If we don't get a BFP this month then next month we might go back to every other day.

I've also read that the every other day method is a myth. we have has sex every other day until my opks started to get darker then we've done it every day I'm on my 2nd day of positive opks and we've done it 3 times. Il do it once again tomorrow then chill a little although we are very much enjoying it :haha: X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->