How often do you bath your LO?

anita665

Mum of 2 & expecting 3rd
Reaction score
I don't know how often I should be doing it. It seems silly to do it loads since they don't really get properly dirty and I wipe his creases with baby wipes.

every other night , only as Ella gets dried skin and she doesnt really get dirty so thought no need!

We bath Hannah every other night just now

Daily bathing is not recommended but I use to wash Caitlin down alot on her changing mat/unit - bowel of warm water, etc. esspecially after number 2's. Sometimes doing it religiously can add more strain than its worth - nothing wrong with bathing on 3rd day if its usually 2nd day etc as long as babies clean one way or other thats all that matters (face, hands, & fresh bum).

every night before her bedtime, usually because she "explodes" doing a poo, but also because i let her have a good 10min splash-about which really tires her out and help her nod off quicker :D

Yep, that is why we have to bathe Mia every night. Her pooping is rather explosive and is everywhere, and no amount of baby wipes can clean her up.

Although last night, she pooped RIGHT AFTER the bath!:dohh:

I used to bath Colton every 3rd day. But now he has gotten cradle cap, not bad but it's starting to develop so I bath him every 2nd day now, and make sure to put lots of baby lotions/oil on him everyday. On in-between days he usually gets wiped down with just baby wipes.

When did you start to bath you LO? Since Bren's cord has no fallen off, I have not tried to bath him yet. I was thinking of doing a sponge bath today though.

That is what we did with Valerie for the first week. The nurses recommended that we give her a sponge bath every other day. Then when her cord fell off, we started giving her baths, which she enjoys much more then the sponge ones.

I gave kira a bath when her cord was still on, i just made sure it was dry really well, got an ear bud and went round her belly button to double make sure.

I was bathing kira every night, but started doing it every other night, was suppose to do it tonight but she was very grumpy and tired so went straight to bed after her bottle.

ive bathed charlie mostly every night since he was born the odd night i will miss one if im really busy and il just give him a clean with cotton wool and water and do his eyes, ears, face and bum if i miss a night xx

Paige has a bath every other nite caz it kills my back leaning over- but as soon as she's sittin up on her own i'l bath her every nite only because we bath the older one every nite as part of his bed time routine. I think it depends whether LO enjoys bath, Kieran loves it and Paige only cried the first couple of times. Last week she had a really long bath and sat in her swimming float in the big bath with brother and loved it xx

Yep, that is why we have to bathe Mia every night. Her pooping is rather explosive and is everywhere, and no amount of baby wipes can clean her up.

Although last night, she pooped RIGHT AFTER the bath!:dohh:
:rofl: be prepared for that to happen more! I wait for Caitlin to poo before I bath her ... wait and wait an wait then we get there THEN she decides she will have two poos today :dohh:

I wouldn't do it everynight, it can dry their skin. I did bath my daughter when needed and 2-3 times a week :)

:rofl: be prepared for that to happen more! I wait for Caitlin to poo before I bath her ... wait and wait an wait then we get there THEN she decides she will have two poos today :dohh:

LOL! Well sometimes I get in the bath with Erica, and DH stays on the side since she doesn't really like her baby bath... Well one time I was in there with her and she starts peeing on my leg. Then she starts tooting and ends up pooping in the bath!!! And she takes like 5 mins to poop, so luckily we were already bathed, and I drained the water and waited for her to finish!! :sick: LOL

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->