how often do you eat meat?

babydevil1989

Reaction score
my OH feels hes not had a proper dinner unless its contained some kind of meat (which is becoming expensive!!) so we eat meat most days!!

how many days a week do you eat meat?

on days you dont have meat what do you cook?

thanks xx :thumbup:

I have it usually 3-4 days, I like a nice big meal with a steak or chicken or something :)
And if I don't eat meat its usually because I can't be bothered to cook it so just have like pasta with vegtables and sauce x

probably twice a week ( not inc fish ) the rest of the time it's fish or pasta

Every day. I agree with your OH, a meal isnt a meal without meat. Nom nom!! :haha:
if i ate fish then maybe it would be 4-5 days.. But i dont eat fish.. X

Once every other week - not really a big fan but love my fish :)

Once or twice a week.Often have quorn instead of meat but my OH is a real meat lover so he has it most days.

every day, I read lean meat is actually really good for you everyday x

Oh is exactly the same but then meat is so expensive and he usually leaves half of it cos the cuts aren't great i.e pre diced pork so it's annoying! Equally annoying is the fact he won't eat any fish or seafood whereas I'd love a prawn curry or something it always has to be meat. Grr!

We have fish once a week and a meat free meal once a week. So 5 or 6 times a week depending on if you count fish or not.

We have been cutting down a lot on both spending and portion size. I've reduced the amount of meat in a lot of meals by adding more vegetables. For example in a chicken curry I used to use 2 chicken breasts, but now use 1, plus loads of vegetables. It works for a lot of dishes, cuts costs and is healthier...but at the same time is a bit of negotiation with the caveman of the house as at least he still gets some meat.

if by meat you mean red meat, then once in a blue moon, were not big lovers of it. We used to eat pork chops once a week or so but havent done so in about a year as weve gone totally off it, but we have chicken once a week and fish once a week. in between will be filled with other dishes like;

pasta with sauce
sausages and mash
shephard's pie,
Spaghetti carbonara
jacket potato with cheese, beans and salad
Lasagne
A roast dinner (turkey or gammon
Homemade pizza and chips
Omelette with an egg and runner bean salad

Things like that x

I used to be a vegan but after a while I couldn't afford to keep up with it anymore (veggies are more expensive then other food when you have no place to grow your own!) so I pretty much started to barely eat anything!! My body was starting to shut down and my doc told me I was slowly killing myself :wacko: My dad took me out for a tri-tip steak dinner that same night ;)

Fast forward years later I think about going back to a vegan diet as the money situation is better, but the other side of me says SCREW THAT I LOVE ME SOME MEAT :winkwink:

I eat meat at least once a day (always for dinner), mainly for lunch too and sometimes breakfast if I'm in a good enough mood to make sausage, eggs, etc for breakfast.

We eat meat probably 4 days a week depending, sometimes it's every day.

We don't eat much red meat thats probably once a week if that but we do cook a lot with chicken. We used to use 2 breasts when cooking but dropped it to 1 and fill it out with mushrooms and peppers :thumbup: We'll probably also eat 1-2 days of fish, whether it's just tinned tuna with pasta and a sauce or we make haddock fishcakes.

about 4-5 days a week, including fish and seafood. we try to eat veggie a couple of days a week. :)

We eat meat 3-4 times a week..
We have things like pasta, jacket potatoes with salad, omletts, Pizza ect inbetween meals with no meat...
x

I'm a meat lover, I don't like fish so most days I eat meat even if it is just on a sandwich, otherwise it might be a jacket potato or something like that. Today I had bacon on toast for breakfast that was my meat for the day!

I'm vegetarian!

Everyday for me.....I love meat! Fave is a Fillet Steak (cooked by someone else as I can't cook steak right!) smothered in Diane Sauce & chips......mmmmm

I don't eat fish/seafood

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->