How often do you need to buy your toddler new shoes?

Kitten-B

Mum of 2 gorgeous boys :)
Reaction score
As recommended I've been taking Sam to have his feet measured every 8 weeks since he got his first pair of shoes. And everytime so far he's gone up a size and needed a new pair. Is this rate of growth the same for everyone?

Unavoidable but so expensive! Need really imagined a toddler would need a shoe budget of £200 a year!

Lol I know! Elliot had his first pair at Christmas 2 months later I went to get him measured and he had gone up not one but 2 sizes, I have no idea how we managed to fit his feet in bless him!! Kinda glad we missed a pair though haha shh, but these seem on the bigger side so I'm hoping he won't grow too quickly, maybe we can get to 3 months?!

Urm between his birthday in October to just after Christmas Stephen's feet hadn't changed..... but then when we went back mid january he'd jumped from a 4.5h to a 6.5G...... so I still take him every 8 weeks as usually they have grown!

I take him every 6 weeks. Last week he was measured after waiting the usual 6 weeks and he'd gone up a whole size and a half :shock: xx

Ruby's feet grow pretty slow. From Oct until last week she had only gone from a 5g to a 5 1/2 g x

It slows down. We used to buy Omar new shoes every 8 weeks until he was 20 months. He still can wear the shoes we got him in July. He wears size 6.5. Just recently we bought him a new pair size 7 but it has lots of space xx

we bought elsbeth her first shoes in july just before her 1st birthday, i took her to get measured a few times after that but i don't think we needed to buy more until october/november time, and she's still got room in those ones but i will be buying some more spring/summer types soon! So i guess hers last her 3/4 months!

Probably not reccomended but I don't buy proper fitted Clarks etc. anymore. I do take her to get measured every month or 2 though!

I go to Next etc. and try the shoes on LO. I make sure they fit really well around the foot, ankle and that she has room in the toes and can walk well in them and that they are light with good support. I now spend only £10-15 every 6-8weeks on shoes rather than the £30+ I was spending before!

If your LO wears shoes all day I'd get proper fitted ones though. I take my LOs off when she's in the house, pram or car so she only has shoes on when we're at playgroup or out walking xx

brooke used to have loads off shoes i spend way to much, she is still a size 3 lol i bought her shoes from clarks last week yes i spend 30 pounds but im hoping they last as i hve just flung her old shoes out.

everywhere has different sizes aswell it bugs me she is a 3 in clarks but her nike hitops are a 4 lol

i used to buy her shoes all the time if i liked them but not anymore, to much money ur talking 30 pounds for shoes.

It depends on when you first put them in shoes. Daniel was in shoes at 13 months cos he was walking at 11months and i had to buy 3/4 pairs of shoes in the first year. Since then it's been a summer pair and a winter pair only.
Esther wasn't walking until she was 18 months and as it was spring/summer i didn't bother buying her shoes until she was 22 months. She's still in her first pair.

Basically between around 12-24 months their feet grow a lot - 2-3 months and going up a full size is fairly normal. If you can avoid buying shoes until 18-24 months then you won't need as many in their first year of wearing shoes.

We gt dd's feet measured two weeks before Christmas & bought some Clarkes cruisers. They weren't feeling tight or anything so I only took her back in them yesterday to check they still fitted & they do! She's had them 3 mths & the lady reckons we'll get at least another 4 weeks out of them.

I do think when they start growing quickly we'll buy shoes at other places - £200 a year seems a ridiculous amount for toddler shoes doesn't it??!

we get LO measured every 2-3 month but often she doesn't need them. We're on pair number 3 and thats 18 months of wearing shoes!

Tom was a 3 1/2 when he got his 1st shoes at 10 months and was a 7 when I got him new shoes in January so he went up 3 1/2 sizes in 15 months. I think he had 4 pairs of shoes in that time most of which lasted 3 to 4 months although he did go out of 1 pair in 6 weeks around 16 months.

I'm hoping his current 2 pairs last at least 4 to 6 months - his feet are big for his height so hopefully they grew ahead of the rest of him.

We're only on second pair of shoes so not sure yet. We got his first pair just after Christmas (age 15 months) and he was a size 4. We got him measured again end of Feb and he'd gone up to a 5. Hoping it slows down after a while!

First pair of shoes were full price (£35) and his second/current pair were in the sale so a bit better (£22). There was a choice of four styles in stock in his size - three at full price and one in the sale, so the sale ones it was!

Thankfully our son's feet seem to grow quite slowly (but then he is on 2nd centile for growth anyway so I guess that would make sense) so it's not been too bad. He is on his third pair in about a year! We take him to get measured every 4-6 weeks just to make sure though! Expensive business though, especially when they do grow rapidly!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->