How often do you weigh your baby?

Freya gets weighed every three weeks since she's had slow weight gain since birth. She was 10lbs 3 two weeks ago and I'll take her to clinic next week. I hate it though. Makes me feel anxious and crappy.

Freya gets weighed every three weeks since she's had slow weight gain since birth. She was 10lbs 3 two weeks ago and I'll take her to clinic next week. I hate it though. Makes me feel anxious and crappy.

I feel anxious and crappy too. :hugs: I took her in the end and it wasn't a great gain, 9oz in 15 days. She'd gained an average for a few weeks before this weigh in though.

I feel anxious and crappy too. :hugs: I took her in the end and it wasn't a great gain, 9oz in 15 days. She'd gained an average for a few weeks before this weigh in though.

Have you heard of variation round a mean?
The graphs show a 'mean' average weight gain. Some measurements will always be a little above the mean and some a little below (so if you joined the dots it'd be a spikey graph with little ups and downs) but when you take the mean average it draws a smooth line like the graph. Obviously a continuous downward trend over a few measurements (so 4-6 weeks say) might be of concern, or a sudden drop, but I know where I live they don't fuss till you drop over one whole percentile in weight - unless you start off very low weight in the first place.

I bought my own scales because the clinics down here are never local, run once every two weeks, at different places. It drives me mad, I never know where i'm meant to go. I might have to take her along though because she seems to be a really slow gainer and I am a little worried. I hate how obsessed with charts they are though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->