How often does/did your 3 month old nurse?

Kazy

Reaction score
Ok so since this is my fourth I feel like I should know this. But its amazing how much I forget. So dd currently nurses just 5 times per day. And recently she's not too interested in eating at least one of those. She rarely cries to eat. I just feed her every 3.5-4 hours. Shes almosr 13 lbs- so gaining fine. Doesn't it seem way to early to go to only 4 feedings?? I would think 5 is minimum before I start cereal.

Hmm my three month old eats much more often than that but I don't time her feedings, I just offer her my breast frequently (but i only have my dd to look after so what else am I going to do?). But your dd sounds like she's getting plenty. You could try and experiment, offer the breast more frequently for a few days and see if that changes anything. Why would you start solids now? As long as she's not hungry and she's getting what she needs from your breast, I think she's fine. Around here, doctors don't suggest starting solids until 6 months.
I just noticed our dds are five days apart! Mine is also almost 13 pounds, she was 5lbs 4oz just after birth.

My 3 (almost 4) month old eats every 3 hours ish. Sometimes more but most times less. Does she have both breasts or just one? Mine only takes one (but I've had an oversupply virtually the whole tine) p.s totally random but I remember you from may babies group!

Hmm my three month old eats much more often than that but I don't time her feedings, I just offer her my breast frequently (but i only have my dd to look after so what else am I going to do?). But your dd sounds like she's getting plenty. You could try and experiment, offer the breast more frequently for a few days and see if that changes anything. Why would you start solids now? As long as she's not hungry and she's getting what she needs from your breast, I think she's fine. Around here, doctors don't suggest starting solids until 6 months.
I just noticed our dds are five days apart! Mine is also almost 13 pounds, she was 5lbs 4oz just after birth.

I didn't mean I would start solids. My Dr says cereal at 4 months earliest and other at 6 mo. I only meant that with my others they didn't go to just 4 feedings until they were also eating solids so it seemed too early to go to just 4 feedings when she isnt on solids and won't be for a bit.

I'm a scheduled with my baby for my own sanity I've got another dd who still naos and two ds that have to get read in the am for school and I have to pick up from school. It's a loose schedule but I need some predictability ( or at least the illusion that I'm working towards it lol).

Wow you dd is doing great! Mine was 7lb 4oz at birth.

My 3 (almost 4) month old eats every 3 hours ish. Sometimes more but most times less. Does she have both breasts or just one? Mine only takes one (but I've had an oversupply virtually the whole tine) p.s totally random but I remember you from may babies group!

I remember you too from the group! I can believe our babies are 3 months old. So hard to believe! I offer both breasts. Yesterday she once again seemed not as interested. I'm wondering now if she's just more efficient so it takes her less time. She used to eat 10-15 min each side. Sometimes now it can be 5-10. Have your guys babies shortened their time like that too? It's not like that for every feeding but definitely for a couple.

Yes he's very efficient at nursing along with my oversupply my letdown is quite strong so where as he used to choke on it he is now embracing it. The only time he really takes longer is when he's comfort sucking (mostly at night) mine also seems less interested in the boob. For a while I was afraid it meant the end of nursing would be soon but I guess he just eats less frequently now and faster so it feels like a lot less than should be he's gaining fine though and happy! I can't believe how big they are either. He'll be four months next week!! Too big already :sigh:

Yes he's very efficient at nursing along with my oversupply my letdown is quite strong so where as he used to choke on it he is now embracing it. The only time he really takes longer is when he's comfort sucking (mostly at night) mine also seems less interested in the boob. For a while I was afraid it meant the end of nursing would be soon but I guess he just eats less frequently now and faster so it feels like a lot less than should be he's gaining fine though and happy! I can't believe how big they are either. He'll be four months next week!! Too big already :sigh:

Good to know that my.lo isn't the only.one then! I love her getting older in some ways like for example she started giggling yesterday. It's the sweetest thing ever. But this is our last so I know each phase is the last of that phase for me and its also sad. :(

We're still trying to decide on a third. Some days I hope it's our last I don't know how we would handle three but I also don't feel like two is right. I've always imagined three my whole life... I'm trying not to think about these firsts as my last firsts :haha:

Mine averages out to every just over 2 hours , thats alot! LOL. Hes 10 weeks today. Allthough i think he comfort feeds early evening as he gets a bit cranky around that time. Think i need to try and push the times longer haha x

My 11 week old averages about every 2 hours ish during the day. However he is a quick feeder , often only 5 mins and since I have oversupply he only takes one boob at a time. At night he has a feed around 10pm then doesn't wake for one until about 4.30am.

My 12 weeker averages about once every 1.5 hours but often more frequent. I don't think he's very efficient as he's nearly always hungry

Im glad im not the only one whos baby feeds alot, i was starting to think should i be trying to push it longer but nope this week its still on average every 2 hours apart from night he will go a 6 hour stretch now this week :happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->