how often does your 4 month old feed?

cupcake.girl

Reaction score
I know all babies are different, but I am just wondering how often your 4 month old nursed

Not quite 4 months but every 3-4hours... Trying to get him to go longer during the night but he wakes up bang on the same times every night even if he's not that hungry!

My little.guy was quite a frequent feeder at that age, every 1-2 hours during the day and if I was lucky a bit longer stretch to start the night, maybe 4-5 hours but then up every 1-2 hours after that

My little girl is just four months now, up until about two weeks ago she would feed every 1-2 hours in the day because at night she went longer stretches (can't complain!) but now her day feeds are spacing out and she has added a feed at night. I would say it's 2-3 hourly now in the day and at night I'm not sure, maybe waking three times between 10pm and 7am? xx

My lo is 4 months and a week. She nurses about every 3-4 hours. And sleep about 8-9 hours straight at night without being nursed. :)

My lo is 4 months and a week. She nurses about every 3-4 hours. And sleep about 8-9 hours straight at night without being nursed. :)

Can I ask, once your LO started going longer at night what happened with your milk, did you just not produce any at night? I'm wondering because my LO has started going longer and I keep getting blocked ducts and then randomly she will have a night where she will wake every few hours so I'm worried that my boobs will stop producing milk and night and then she will wake one night and I won't have any milk for her! Hope that makes sense and sorry to hijack the thread!

Can I ask, once your LO started going longer at night what happened with your milk, did you just not produce any at night? I'm wondering because my LO has started going longer and I keep getting blocked ducts and then randomly she will have a night where she will wake every few hours so I'm worried that my boobs will stop producing milk and night and then she will wake one night and I won't have any milk for her! Hope that makes sense and sorry to hijack the thread!

I still produce at night. If I wake up and I am engorged ( I have very large boobs!!!) I will pump or express if she isn't awake. Or just wait til she wakes up. :)

My dd is now 14 months old but I remember she fed every 1.5hrs in the day up to around 11 months, and she hit the 4 month sleep regression at 4.5 months old so she feed every 1-2 hrs in the night for 7 weeks.

Every 3 - 4 hours during the day and she has just started going abour 6-8 hours at night.
Sometimes i give her a little feed inbetween these times for comfort maybe if shes struggling to get to sleep or if she seems sore, but these are onyl a few mins long and wouldnt count them as real feeds.

Our little guy is 15 weeks (almost 4 months) and nurses anywhere from 10-18 times a day. He averages two hours between feedings during the day, cluster feeds in the evenings, and has been up nursing pretty much every hour at night (though most of these feedings are quick and he just nurses himself back to sleep.) I'm just following his lead at this point... he knows what he needs moreso than myself or any clock! ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Burgess422
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->