How often does your baby feed at about 4 months old?

Moolia

Bfp 26/1/11 :)
Reaction score
Hi ladies,
My dd is 18 weeks and breastfed 3 hourly. I am trying to gradually stretch her to 4 hours but it's proving impossible I think because of the heat at the moment she is wanting to be fed at least 3 hourly, sometimes only 2.5 hours!
Anyway, I just wondered how regularly your los feed at a similar age? I can't actually remember how often my ds was feeding at this age.
I just want to stress that I'm not bothered if she feeds more regularly I just want to make sure she's filling her tummy and getting the hind milk, not just snacking. Plus I read that it helps for them to go a bit longer at night which can only be a good thing! :haha:

Maisies going just over 3 hours between bottles at the moment, shes on 6oz. She goes longer at night though (9pm - 7.30am) xx

Don't forget it's hot so she may want more because she's thirsty

Yes thanks, that's what I thought.

For some reason my post has been moved to breastfeeding. Not sure I'll get so many replies here but we'll see...

Every 2 hours. Sometimes he does 3 at night.

I have absolately no idea. My lo sometimes goes 4 hours between feeds and sometimes feeds even half hour. She's 5 months. In this heat it has definitely been more frequent but still no real pattern. My boobs don't know if they are coming or going.

My son changes too.....it's hard, sometimes he'll go almost 6-7 hours at night or 5hrs in the day on a long stretch but then he grows has troubles sleeping or whatever and it can be every 2-3hrs in the day.

I wish I had a tip to lengthen the amount of time for you...

At that age is was about every 2 hours during the day and 3 at night.

Usually every 2 hours in the day, sometimes she'll stretch it out if we're busy.

My LO is 20 weeks, and feeds roughly every 2-2.5 hours in the day and 2-4 hours in the night. He's a big boy at 19lbs and I really feel like I'm struggling to keep up with him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->