How often does your ebf baby wake at night?

ParisJeTadore

Mum to my beautiful kids!
Reaction score
My baby is 4 weeks old and wakes every three to four hours on a good night and ever one to two on a bad night. When I took her to her check up with her paediatrician he commented on the three to four hour wake ups as being a lot.

This got me wondering....how often does your ebf baby wake at night? All my kids have been like this. Am I doing something wrong??

No way! Sounds perfectly normal to me. All of my kids were waking every 1-4 hours at that age.

Thomas and Sophie nursed pretty often through the night at the age Emma is now. Emma sleeps through the night half of the nights of the week and I think she's actually unusual - neither of my other kids slept through till like 2-3 years plus. Sophie often wakes still and she's almost 4.

I'm not EBF - mixed feeding currently but every four hours seems very normal and actually great! Whether EBF or FF every four hours seems a good result at four weeks. We are feeding every four hours and were told to wake her every four hours even if she is asleep until 6-8 weeks x

EBF here .. At that age woke every 2-3hours . Now almost 7 months wakes2-3 times per night

At 4 weeks old I was up every two hours like clock work. Pretty much on the dot... now at almost 9 weeks just transitioning to four hour feeds during the day. At night she has a 4-5 hour stretch and then every 2 hours at best.

My 2 month old is one 4 hour stretch then every 2 hours.

That doesn't sound like too much to me. I lose count of the amount of time my son wakes. He is a truly awful sleeper!

Ebf here and he wakes every two hours, he's 16 weeks tomorrow.

My dd was ebf and would wake every hour, she didn't sleep through until ten months.

You're doing nothing wrong! Xx

Weird they would think that, that seems completely normal. At 3 weeks we're about every 1-3.

She wakes at 12,2,4,6,8 for a feed currently. So every 2 hours.

Thank you so much for your input everyone! My children's Doctor is very elderly and sometimes I wonder if he is a bit senile. Some of his advice is a bit off at times. Glad to hear this is totally normal!

Yep that sounds normal. At that age he woke every 3 hours or so sometimes less. Even now at 6 months he wakes often but because we bedshare I don't even realise x

At 4 weeks, probably about every 2-3 hours, but at that stage she would hardly even sleep not in our arms, so one of us was always awake holding her during the night while the other slept and then we'd switch (my husband would wake me for feeds and then take her back). I would say that sounds absolutely fine and normal and I'd ignore your doctor. He doesn't sound like he knows what he's talking about. By 8 weeks, she would wake for a feed around 10pm and then even sleep through until 6am many nights (that didn't last, but it helped for a couple months). You'll likely notice a big change in the next few weeks.

My baby girl is 8 months old and still wakes up about 3 times a night. My pediatrician said its pretty common since breast milk is digested a lot faster.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->