How often is it safe to have an ultrasound?

abc123x

Reaction score
I'm asking because I'm pretty bummed out about having to possibly reschedule my private ultrasound. After some pain and not being able to find my baby's heartbeat on wednesday(19th), I went to the ER, where they did the ultrasound. My doctor thought that there was a flaw when she got the report and she's uncomfortable with how tender I am, so she wasnts another ultrasound on Thursday(27th). My private ultrasound was scheduled for next Friday, the 4th. Is it safe to have this many ultrasounds so close together?

I didn't want to read and run, but I think opinions differ lovely. As ever, I'd say weigh up the risks versus the benfits.

https://www.guardian.co.uk/science/2005/jun/23/thisweekssciencequestions2
xxx

Is it worth the money to have it done? I would also just weigh out pros and cons. Sorry I can't be more help...

It'll be with my family and friends, so I think it's worth the money

In something like this, money never really is an issue . . IMO!

Again, if it was me I'd have the u/s's . .

I had 2 u/s's about 11 days apart, hope this helped and good luck xxxxx

It is a risk vs benefit thing for sure, and they haven't actually identified the risks of too many yet, so if the doctors are suggesting them, go for them. I have more than one friend who had them EVERY 2 weeks (about 20 for both of them) due to high risk pregnancies.

We had around 20 scans with my daughter and was never once told there was anything to worry about as a result of the scans so I dont think you need to worry x

Here in Germany they do a scan at every appointment, even when you get to your weekly appointments. I have never found anything saying its not safe :)

I am considered high risk and i have ultrasounds every 2 weeks and last week i had 2 less than 24 hours apart..I know it will be fine..good luck

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->