How often should i feel movement

shobbs

Reaction score
Ok i am 17 weeks 2 days and started to feel baby over a week ago. I have a posterior placenta. However im unsure how often i should feel baby, yesterday i felt baby lots but today only a very small amount of times is this normal???

Call your health care provider if you are worried. However, that sounds normal to me. It isn't recommended to do kick counting until 28 weeks because movement before then is inconsistent. Some days there is a lot of activity and other days not. I'm at 25 weeks and movement is now daily with a bit of a pattern forming (lots of movement 20 minutes after eating, movement before I go to sleep etc.).

I'm having issues with my little boy not moving, although it's not really to do with not feeling him, mostly because they couldn't get him to move on scans either. He's ok, just quiet but monitored weekly. In the day assessment I go to though there's huge posters on the wall saying that you should start to monitor baby from 26 weeks and call if there is any change to his/her usual pattern. There's also a big section in my pregnancy notes about it, with advice from count the kicks uk. 17 weeks is still really early and baby isn't that big, baby has probably just changed position. Some ladies won't have felt any movement by 17 weeks so I wouldn't panic. If it makes you feel better call for advice though, might help you relax a little. I'm sure baby is fine :)

At 17 weeks there's no set amount you should feel baby. No need to do kick counts, or monitor movement etc until third tri or alot closer to.

Thank you all for your kind words of advice. I am constantly a bag of nerves with my history of having a stillbirth 3 years ago followed by a mmc at 12 weeks im so nervous. When i lost oli i went to my midwife with my concerns of reduced movement but as i was carrying twins her response was that they were getting tight in there and were moving less. Turned out the reduced movement wasnt because they were tight but because we were losing oli which resulted in us losing him.

At 17 weeks many people can't feel movement at all. Baby is still very small and s/he has a lot of space in there to kick around without disturbing you. It's normal to have days with activity followed by days where you don't feel anything. You won't start feeling more consistent movement for at least another month or two. Hang in there!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->