how often to change reuseable nappies?

abigail_71

Reaction score
This may be a stupid question but LO seems to be getting used to cloth nappies after using disposables since birth (although he still has a little whinge when he does a wee in them, we don't have the full scale melt down we were having in the begining)

ObvioUsly I change him if he has had a poo, but other than that how often? I remember reading on here one lady said she expected a nappy to last 3-4 hours unless LO did a poo.

i generally change every 4hrs, unless she has bad nappy rash in which case i go for every 2hrs, i still cant tell when she has a poo, i know im such a bad mother, everyone else knows when their baby has had a poo but i really have no idea so i just stick to 4hrs and if she cries for nothing in that time i change early just in case its that

x

I go through about 10 in 24 hrs... mostly change LO just before a nap so he's comfy...

I usually change her between 2 and 3 hours, or as soon as I hear her poo (there's no mistaking it!). She had really bad nappy rash for about a month and I've only just got it under control. Even now she gets red very quickly, so I like to change her frequently. If she's in a bamboo nappy with a fleece liner I'll leave it until about 3 hours max, if it's microfibre it will be closer to 2 hours.

Thanks guys. LO is breast fed so theres no mistaking when he's filled his nappy, it sounds like a clap of thunder :haha:

I'll try every 3-4 hours then.

Depends on the type of nappy too.
I have 2 part system with fitted nappies. I generally change him every 3-4 hours :)

thats a good point actually, we use pocket nappies and 2parts and the 2parts do last a bit longer then pockets

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"