How old is too old to wear bodysuits / all in ones / baby grows?

Sparx

Reaction score
Hi all,

My gorgeous girl is nearly 9 months and it's time to go shopping again for clothes.

I live in South Africa now and clothes are very expensive here, and I see that M&S deliver here now so I was thinking if buying clothes for 9 - 12 months and 12 - 18 months to get the most for the delivery charges.

But what I want to know is when should a baby stop wearing bodysuits? Is it weird to dress a one year old/ older in bodysuits??

Opinions please!

Shirley.

Hiya, i think you can still do it for that age but we stopped when LO was around 9 months. He was wearing normal clothes in the day obv for a long time, but we started putting him in pj's at night.

I think my LO will be in them for a very long time! She wears the long sleeved/long legged baby grows to bed and under her normal clothes in the day.

So.. maybe 3 years old is a bit too old :winkwink:

Omar still wears baby gros & he's 14 months. They'r very comfy at home, & now he's walking the ones with non-slip feet are amazing as it's veyr difficult to keep socks on his feets. He always pull them out. He's already 81 cms & a big toddler but he looks cute like a baby when he wears them xxx

ETA: he wears Pjs for bedtime as I heard it's better at this age to leave their feet uncovered while sleeping

We still use them at 15 months. Comfy for her at home.

William currently wears size 12-18 month clothes and really looks too old to wear them as daywear unless we are just staying at home. He does still wear them as pyjamas as they keep his feet warm.

i was wondering this the other day because charlie lives in them day and night! I think 6-9 months may be the last sized babygrows (or maybe not as they're so easy!) x

We still use babygrows at night on Ellie and have them up to 12 months but have started using pyjamas now more at bedtime.

She was still wearing them during the day at 5-6 months sometimes! She wears them at night and I can't see that stopping. She only has one pair of normal PJs. Babygros are so much more practical for littlies. And warmer.

Daisy still wears them around the house, but never ever to go out.

Amy wears hers at night still, but I have started buying wee pyjamas too now. xx

Bear still wears them to bed, they are a good idea as he never stays under his covers at night so they keep his feet warm :thumbup:

Until he grows out of them, which wont be long since he's already in 18-24 :cry: He wears them as pyjamas btw, not to go out :lol:

Nate still wears them all the time and he's nearly 7 months old. Most of the time when we're out he falls asleep anyways, so I figure he'll probably be much more comfy asleep in his pajamas than jeans, vest and shirt. I think when he stops napping during the day, I'll stop putting him in them to go out of the house.

My daughter (whose 3 now) wore hes until she was around 2, she only wore them for bed though as they kept her nice and warm at night. Ive seen them in shops recenlty in ages 2-3.

I'll stop using them when they stop fitting! Certainly around the house she'll be wearing them right up to and over 12 months old.

My LO still wears them for bed and if we're having a lazy day at home. Buy she hadn't worn them outside since 3 months or so

Primark sell all in ones for Adults so i'll say you're never too old lol!!

My LO still wears hers to bed (she's 5 months) around the house if we're not going out, but I also have a couple of 2 piece suits that are long sleeved tops and separate bottoms which cover the feet, perfect for Nursery, nice a comfy.

When we viewed her Nursery there was a 7 month old there in an all in one, but I thought why not it's probably comfier than being dressed

Darcey sleeps in babygros and she's 10 months old. Sometimes she wears day wear ones in the house like today, when we are not doing anything special. I will be letting her us them untill shes 18 months or so.

Liam still wears them to bed. He also has PJ's so I just put whatevers at the top of the drawer on him. When he grows out of the ones he has he'll be in just PJ's. (They are 9-12 months but quite big)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->