how old was you LO when....

babezone

Reaction score
how old was your little one wen u very first let them taste a proper bit of your own food....for example

dipped their dummy in ice cream or

let them sucked on a marshmallow

etc etc

obviosly im not on about regulary like all the time but how many weeks did u let them try ur food before weaning etc.

thanks xx

Mia took a dive into my chocolate birthday cake when she was almost 4 months old, and she LOVED IT!

Hayden didn't even taste anything but breastmilk until 6mo

Dairy products shouldn't be consumed before 1yr, but savannah won't be weaned til 6mths

Actually some dairy is ok, just not straight milk, like yogurt and even some cheese are ok from I believe it's 8mo on. :) Well unless there is some allergy of course, my youngest can't have any dairy or soy...or some other stuff lol

Charlotte is having YoBaby in the morning now (yogurt for babies 6mo+). I gave her a teeny tast of mine yesterday and she loved it. She was chewing on a raw celery stick a few days ago, and a raw broccoli stalk (not the bushy part) yesterday. She can reach the back of her gums with them and looooves it. My Mom gave her a bit of whipped cream at Thanksgiving, which I did NOT want her to have. She also let her gum a french fry when she was 4 months old...didn't want her to have THAT either!

At 4 months or so (maybe a little older) I let Hannah have a little taste of my mashed potatoes (and by little I mean a bit off of my finger so it wasn't much at all). I've only given her tastes of things a few times (maybe 3-4 total)

Charlotte is having YoBaby in the morning now (yogurt for babies 6mo+). I gave her a teeny tast of mine yesterday and she loved it. She was chewing on a raw celery stick a few days ago, and a raw broccoli stalk (not the bushy part) yesterday. She can reach the back of her gums with them and looooves it. My Mom gave her a bit of whipped cream at Thanksgiving, which I did NOT want her to have. She also let her gum a french fry when she was 4 months old...didn't want her to have THAT either!

my sister tried to give Hannah a french fry while we were in Texas :grr: I vetoed it quickly. :rofl:

Okay I am going to rattle a few cages here but Dec got TASTES at about 3 months !!! I dont mean like a spoonful I mean like a dip here and there and not every day, His first taste was chicken soup, he loved it, and it was me who gave him it.

I think tastes are fine from when they show an interest but there are things that are quite important not to give them...like dairy (cheese and milk in cooking is ok after 6 months tho) and gluten (until 6 months). I certainly wouldn't be dipping a dummy in anything. Of course some people will ignore the guidelines and their babies will have gluten and dairy and stuff...but I am just being extra careful because that what's recommended and there is research backing up the recommendations. Obviously, I've ignored the recommendation not to wean until 6 months lol. All babies are different.

At 4 months or so (maybe a little older) I let Hannah have a little taste of my mashed potatoes (and by little I mean a bit off of my finger so it wasn't much at all). I've only given her tastes of things a few times (maybe 3-4 total)

yea thats wat im on about a tiny taste xx

Okay I am going to rattle a few cages here but Dec got TASTES at about 3 months !!! I dont mean like a spoonful I mean like a dip here and there and not every day, His first taste was chicken soup, he loved it, and it was me who gave him it.

lol well i only ask cus my nephew sucked on a marshmallow at bout 2n half months lol which i no is really early n i was thinking 3months wud b ok for little taste of things.

obviously im not talkin an 0z of choc milkshake or a mr whippy follwed by a cheese sarni lol....just ya no the odd taste not evn enuff to swallow

I'm not really sure. I think we started feeding her bits of rice at 4 and a half months. Its amazing how much your forget. But my mum would sneakily stick tastes of anything in her mouth, much to annoy me. Caitlyn is being weaned now and she loves it.

xx

i give tommy tastes of everything, as in dip my finger in most my food and let him try it...has been from about 16 weeks he was weaned

h x

get those cages rattled!! fin had a lick of chocolate last night. he's 2 and a half months. and before someone shits their liver, it was my choice. respect it. i respect yours.

lol well i only ask cus my nephew sucked on a marshmallow at bout 2n half months lol which i no is really early n i was thinking 3months wud b ok for little taste of things.

obviously im not talkin an 0z of choc milkshake or a mr whippy follwed by a cheese sarni lol....just ya no the odd taste not evn enuff to swallow

:rofl: this really made me laugh, i understand what you're talking about sweetie! well we started weaning just before 6months, but as maddi's poorly we had to stop so starting the whole weaning thing at 6months, which as we all no is when is recommended here! he he! but maddi actually had a 'taste'! and i mean the tinyest crumb! of cookie at my birthday the end of nov, so just before 5months, but it was very small! but she liked it!! i could see her little face bless her! x

We weaned Grace at 6 months, but for a couple of weeks before that we would put for example a little mashed potatoe or gravy on a finger and offer it to her. I think it's good for them to get new taste's to build them up to weaning.

The only reason your 'supposed' to wean at 6 months is because their tummy isn't strong enough before. A tiny taste isn't going to make any difference (In my opinion)

get those cages rattled!! fin had a lick of chocolate last night. he's 2 and a half months. and before someone shits their liver, it was my choice. respect it. i respect yours.

lol bless...i think i might then round 3 months ish i dont think it causes thm any harm it certainly didnt my nephew and way lol xx

Max tried some ice cream around 4 months old but nothing before ..

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrsA3000
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->