how old was you LO when....

Hunter was 10 months old when he got to taste and eat normal food. He had baby food from 7 months, but nothing from our plate until 10 months. Only mushy stuff though, nothing big until 1 year.

My friend got my LO some white chocolate buttons the other day as part of a Xmas present, so I gave him a couple of minute pieces (just enough so it would melt but not so he could choke) and he loved it.... :) although wont be doing this often as dont want to upset his little belly

ive actualy herd milkybar deserts r ok for thm too...i think its all self prefrence really isnt it....i no all baby food used to be from 3months 2years ago now its 4 lol xx

well i'm going to rattle some serious cages too! i've been giving katie little licks of things and putting things on her lips to taste for ages. she's not actually eating, just getting the flavours.

although i was a bit shocked when OH rubbed a twiglet on her lips to taste lol!!

I think i may be the odd one out here lol
amber had licks and sucks of things at around 2 months.
she had half jar of fruit stage 1 food around 3 months.
started properly weaning at 4 months.

now shes eats everything.

i havent weened courtney yet... but shes had a taste of baby food some carrot and a lick of my banana lol... this was after 4 months!!

well i'm going to rattle some serious cages too! i've been giving katie little licks of things and putting things on her lips to taste for ages. she's not actually eating, just getting the flavours.

although i was a bit shocked when OH rubbed a twiglet on her lips to taste lol!!

so wat age did you start and with wat sort of tastes? x

Okay I am going to rattle a few cages here but Dec got TASTES at about 3 months !!! I dont mean like a spoonful I mean like a dip here and there and not every day, His first taste was chicken soup, he loved it, and it was me who gave him it.

get those cages rattled!! fin had a lick of chocolate last night. he's 2 and a half months. and before someone shits their liver, it was my choice. respect it. i respect yours.

LMAO!!! :rofl: that was too funny Alio...

I havent given Jasmine a taste of anything yet, but she has a bowl of rice cereal now each evening and that is a "no-no" according to some people. She picked up using a spoon very fast.

I may start giving her a lick here or there of other things, and I plan to start little bits of veggie purees after 3 months. Only reason im waiting is beause I want to introduce things nice and slow.

Okay I am going to rattle a few cages here but Dec got TASTES at about 3 months !!! I dont mean like a spoonful I mean like a dip here and there and not every day, His first taste was chicken soup, he loved it, and it was me who gave him it.

get those cages rattled!! fin had a lick of chocolate last night. he's 2 and a half months. and before someone shits their liver, it was my choice. respect it. i respect yours.

LMAO!!! :rofl: that was too funny Alio...

I havent given Jasmine a taste of anything yet, but she has a bowl of rice cereal now each evening and that is a "no-no" according to some people. She picked up using a spoon very fast.

I may start giving her a lick here or there of other things, and I plan to start little bits of veggie purees after 3 months. Only reason im waiting is beause I want to introduce things nice and slow.

Hee hee :thumbup:

my andy got his first taste when he was 6 mo. He's my first so I was being cautious and follows religiously 'advices' from my friends.

i'm holding back untill hes showing signs od needing to be weaned, so he hasnt tried anything yet.

its mainly strong flavour things, it sounds harsh, but touch a salt and vinegar crisp to their lip briefly and its such a different taste! we probs started givin her little licks at about 4 weeks. she's not eatin anythin, just gettin the flavour!

Hmmmm.... i'm prob a very naughty mummy :( Tabs has sucked on grapes and apple and lots of fruit obv not much she just sucks on them. Also she got choclate icing over her hands and loooooved that ooops!!

I'm going to not tell jasper about processed foods, lollies and icecream for as long as is possible! i'll hide lollies so i can have them once he's in bed... its such a double standard, but he doesn't need his mummy's sugar addiction!

I'll probaby let him taste things, as is lick/suck/dummy dip from 4 months and start bringing in some actual foods around 5 months, but i dont plan to wean him until 1 year at the earliest.

its quite intresting to see just how different everyone is. and yet each baby turns out just fine...just goes to show it really is self prefrence x

out of interest mums who arent planning on weaning til a year, are you BFing or FFing? i dont see how my boobies could give katie all she needs at a year. but she is a big baby!

im not waiting till a year- 6 months is the recomended time but i'll see how he gets on.

I don't think they mean not giving them foods until a year, I know I mean i'll give her foods from 6mths and wean her off the breast at a yr.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrsA3000
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->