How old was your baby when you started weaning?

haaza123

Mom to Sonny and 5 angels
Reaction score
How old was your baby when you started weaning them?

Was it just baby rice you started with?

xxx

6 months and we didn't do baby rice or any puree. We do baby led weaning, so she gets offered whatever we're eating, so things like roasted veg, cheese on toast, fruit.

5 months 1 week on GP advice due to non-existent weight gain - wish I'd ignored the advice now! Started with baby rice mixed with mashed banana and we're now fully on BLW :thumbup:

6 months and we didn't do baby rice or any puree. We do baby led weaning, so she gets offered whatever we're eating, so things like roasted veg, cheese on toast, fruit.

same but i give wheat free baby porridge sometimes but dex feeds it to himself.

Same as this but when we do give toast it is wheat/gluten free for the time being. :)

5 1/2 months, purees only then a mix of BLW and purees once Ellis was 6 months old.

4 months started with baby rice but will be doing BLW at 6months x

so funny how things differ over here in Canada. We are encouraged to start with rice cereal, then once that is well established, adding one food at a time, every couple of days. They say to do this to figure out any allergies or sensitivities the baby might have. Also to use purees and mashed foods. BLW is not the norm here.

16 weeks and baby rice for about two weeks then onto single vegetable like carrots and peas that I grew in our garden.

so funny how things differ over here in Canada. We are encouraged to start with rice cereal, then once that is well established, adding one food at a time, every couple of days. They say to do this to figure out any allergies or sensitivities the baby might have. Also to use purees and mashed foods. BLW is not the norm here.

It isn't the 'norm' in the UK either... i think it seems like lots of us do it on here because we tend to talk about it :)
I think adding one food at a time, every couple of days is a good idea if you're weaning before 6 months or if there's allergies in the family....from what I've read anyway.

I think so too. I gave dex something that my friend had made for her little boy. later on I found out it had wheat in it and dex did have reaction to it.

6months and we started with baby rice :) x

19 weeks on baby rice for a few days then onto 1 food purees (carrot, sweet potato, parsnip etc)

Just started yesterday and hes 20w old today :)
Started with baby rice :) heres a pic of him geting his food :D

https://barnaland.is/album/img/81856/20091129195010_29.jpg?d=633951210005030000

Properly was at 6 months and we are BLW too. I did let P have tastes of some of our food from about 5 and a bit months but that was tiny amounts.

6 mths is what they recommend in oz. they dont need anything but breast milk or formula until then. Breastmilk and formula doesnt have any protein in it. Babies have a store of protein which will last them from birth to 6 mths. Starting solids too early can also lead to food allergies and intolerances. 6mths - rice cereal building up to veg,fruit and meat. 8mths-wheat;pasta,bread,egg yolk,fish etc. 9mths dairy; cheese,yougurt. 12 mths-milk as a drink, egg white. This is the guide we are given before we leave hospital.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->