How old were you when you first wanted to be a mother/father?

youngwife20

Reaction score
Hey! I was just thinking!

My mum told me i was as obbsessed as i am now about wanting to be a mother when i was about 11! she said i always had that maternal side to me! and that she is suprised i was able to wait till now 20 years old and married! before i started trying.

its so exciting knowing that my whole life being a mother has always been one of the most important things to me, while my friends wanted to go out and party i wanted to get married and have kids and thats sure how it happened lol, the only one of my friends thats settled down but i love it!

My Dear husband has also always wanted a family young hes 24 so just the right age for him! he even sleep talks! and says " aww were having a baby" i couldnt believe it! ha he even dreams about it , weirdly enough the night he had that dream was the same night i had a dream that i got a BFP so that was sooo freeaky!! i never imagined id be this age and find such a nice husband who has the same aspirations as me!

hopefuly this will be everyones month and our dreams will come true!!

Being a mother is the best job in the world! to care for our babys emotional finacialy etc in every way will just be absulutly amazing!!

I'm 19 and a couple of years ago I wasn't interested in family life one bit.

Since I met my OH, it has really changed my views. Years later and I can't stop thinking about being a mother :D I think being in a stable relationship that I believe will last, having financial stability and managing our home together has opened our eyes to parenting being a real possibility.

So I would say that since I was about 16/17 I always knew that I wanted to have children at one stage but only now that I am older and settled have I really desired children and had that maternal urge.

I'm 19 and a couple of years ago I wasn't interested in family life one bit.

Since I met my OH, it has really changed my views. Years later and I can't stop thinking about being a mother :D I think being in a stable relationship that I believe will last, having financial stability and managing our home together has opened our eyes to parenting being a real possibility.

So I would say that since I was about 16/17 I always knew that I wanted to have children at one stage but only now that I am older and settled have I really desired children and had that maternal urge.

Aww thats totaly understandable! its nice to find that person you want to be with forever! i can see why it changed your views on things! i see your waiting to try good luck for when you start trying! i wanted to ask this because i always wonder when i see people with kids whether it was something they had always dreamed of or something that sort of just popped in the mind just before conceiving :) are you hoping to start trying soon?

About 12. But always wanted kids throughout my teens and 20's but found I had way to much other stuff to do, like school, uni, friends, career ect. I got pregnant with my LO at 29 and I'm so glad I waited. Even now I find myself thinking of things (mostly career/ money wise) I could be doing if I didn't have her and had waited until my mid 30's.

We will be TTC late next year so that I can finish my degree and save up the baby fund. How is TTC going for you so far?

Yeah I agree with Celesse, there never seems to be a perfect time to have a LO :) Always things that have to be pushed to the side but I'm sure you forget about all of that when you have your LO to love and then it's all worth it.

About 12. But always wanted kids throughout my teens and 20's but found I had way to much other stuff to do, like school, uni, friends, career ect. I got pregnant with my LO at 29 and I'm so glad I waited. Even now I find myself thinking of things (mostly career/ money wise) I could be doing if I didn't have her and had waited until my mid 30's.

Thats intresting :) its amazing that you were able to wait that long seen as you wanted it for so long :) but it is good you were responsible and did exactly what you thought was right for you at that time :) GL with ttc #2!!

We will be TTC late next year so that I can finish my degree and save up the baby fund. How is TTC going for you so far?

Yeah I agree with Celesse, there never seems to be a perfect time to have a LO :) Always things that have to be pushed to the side but I'm sure you forget about all of that when you have your LO to love and then it's all worth it.

My Ttc is going okay , im hoping its my month! as im just waiting now lol but i decided i will not test till my AF is late because my habit is testing way too early!!

thats a smart thing to do may i ask what you are studying?

This is strange but i started my baby fund when i was 15 or so lol wanted to well prepared haha.

and for me i think this timing is as perfect as its going to get for us i think hehe :)

I'm studying Psychology :thumbup:

Although I'm not enjoying it too much but that's probably because I'm too busy being broody to ever really concentrate properly :haha:

Good luck, I hope you get a BFP soon :hugs:

To be honest, I think only you know when the time is right. It never really matters what anyone else thinks as long as you and your OH are ready to go for it.

I can't wait to be where you are now, TTC. It's really a struggle waiting :cry:

I cant imagine its difficult!! its good you have the willpower to be patient! are you on birth control? ive been of bc for about 2 years preparing my body lol :)

Yeah it's more difficult than I could have ever imagined!

Yeah I am, have been for a few years now but I plan to come off of it one month before TTC. Apparently you are really fertile in the first month of coming off the pill :) Did you have any problems coming off the pill?

I wasnt on the pill, i wish that was the birth control i chose! i was on the depo injection! took a year and ahalf to get my period bacK!!! the pills reallyh good because peoples fertitlity returns back so fast so thats a good idea :) my friend was on the pil but when she stopped her periods wernt so regular so hopefuly urs will be!

Ah I see. That must have been horrible, I bet you thought it was never coming back :O

At least it's back to normal now. FX'd for me :D

yeh i never thought id be so relieved to finaly get the witch back haha:) but i think you have a better chance of it being regular with the pill! :p i bought an Clearblue OPK yesturday , do you think youl be using one? i initially just thought wed use an ovulation calendar but weve had no luck so tryin everything we can think of to start using for my next cycle lol :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->