How quickly can you ovulate?

Becwantsababy

Reaction score
Hi All,

I took my last pill on Saturday. I am on a minipill and have not had an af in 5 years so I have no idea of my cycle. Would I ovulate stright away or would it take a few weeks to happen?

I'm only asking as we dtd on Sat night and I know that my protection will have run out this morning and knowing that sperm can last 5 days, I am getting paranoid that I am going to ovulate right now and get pg. I know it's silly but it's in my head.

I would be over the moon if it did happen but it's not what we're really planning.

Does anyone have any info on this?

Thanks in advance

Oh gosh I don't know but I didn't want to R&R. From what I keep reading on here, most people have a period within a couple of months. have you had a withdrawal bleed?

Sperm can live for five days theoretically, but unless you've had the right sort of cervical mucus when they're 'deposited' they're likely to die before they even get through your cervix.

Thanks Becca. Not had anything yet but like I said, it would have only really worn off last night. As I took my pill everynight with no break I never had af whislt on it.

Will keep an eye on downstairs. I know it is really early days yet so I don't even know why I am being like this. I think it is just being on here and getting more clued up about things that's making me think more.

I should probably just chill out and wait for af.

Thank for your reply x

ypu are more than likely not going to O for the fist few weeks. But you are suposed to be more fertile after coming off bcp. I caught both times eith DD and DS on the first and second cycle after stoping the pill.

The only way to make sure you do not catch is to use condoms until you are ready to try

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->