How should I react if I get pregnant again?

BlueFairy

Reaction score
It is a tough call…if I ever get a positive pregnancy test do I let myself get excited or not? :shrug:

I’ve told my husband we should celebrate a positive test (if we get one) and enjoy being excited about the pregnancy from the start. Even if it only lasts a few weeks, I’d rather spend that time happy and excited than worried and nervous something might go wrong again.

He thought we should not let ourselves get too excited about it but if I’m only ever going to be pregnant for 5-6 weeks at a time I want to enjoy that feeling as much as I can.

I don’t want to go through pregnancy being worried and anxious…it’s not healthy and it’s possibly a once in a life time experience and I don’t want to waste it.

But am I just setting myself up for more heartache if it goes wrong again?????? :cry:

How do you other ladies feel about trying again and how you might react if you see that possitive test?

Thanks in advance for your responses

Blue xxx

My emotions are going to be very mixed for sure. We lost our first in November at 12 weeks, almost made it through the whole dang first tri. lately i've struggled with being angry about losing that innocence that we have the first time around...not really having any idea what pregnancy is like, being virtually unaware of what could go wrong, and thinking certainly that nothing will go wrong with me! But I've decided that, because of what I went through, I will truly TREASURE every moment of the next pregnancy. I'm so much more aware now that every moment of life is an absolute miracle, regardless of how long that life lasts on this earth.

Hey,

I never really considered how I might react this time around. We did our PG test this morning and it was positive - both our reactions were subdued compared to last time. That's not to say we're not excited and won't get carried away at some stage but I think we're both waiting to be much further down the line before we do.

We're excited but quite wary about what may or may not happen. All things considered, so far ( bearing in mind I only found out today) I'm feeling quite chilled out and not worrying at all - each PG is unique so no-one knows what'll happen. We're just grateful we get blessed with another shot at it.

Wishing you a sticky bean soon Blue xx

Congratulation Tali! It's always good to hear some positive news! Please stay possitive and enjoy your time being pregnant!

Serenas_song, I think we are both of similar mind sets here...I was like you when we got pregnant with the last one (which was also my first time) I was very excited as we had found out whilst on our honeymoon and it felt like it was meant to be, but alas it was not.
I feel one day it will happen and I will see that positive test again and i hope it is soon...but how long it will stay for I don't know.

Hi BlueFairy. I miscarried on 14th December and have been blessed enough to fall again already. I thought I would be really scared and anxious all the time but actually after the inital shock of getting my BFP I have felt very calm. I actually have a much better feeling about this pregnancy than I ever did about the last one, I never could really see myself with that baby whereas with this one I am certain that I'm going to meet her.

Fingers crossed for a BFP for you soon and for happy and healthy pregnancies all round x

we fairys think alike... try and keep positive althou it will be hard.

charby CONGRATS and there is a saying if it feels better it most likely is. i New the whole 19 weeks i loose this baby either during pregancy or cotdeath, i just felt it:( with my first child i was in and out of hospital a dozen times with pre ec, and i never ever felt like that, i knew she would be ok.
best of luck pet.xx

I m/c our twins Christmas Day and wasn't sure how I would react to a getting a BFP. But we did on Saturday night and so far so good. I am feeling really positive about this pregnancy! I went Monday morning first thing for labs, 13 vials of blood! I had them test my progesterone level this time around as well. I was suppose to have my 1st beta and progesterone levels back yesterday but my OB is closed because we got a blizzard and a foot and half of snow! Monday after their office closed I spoke to the NP on call and she spoke to the on call doc who went ahead and called in Prometrium just in case my progesterone was low and it would be days before getting results back thanks to the weather. I just have a great feeling all the way around with this pregnancy. I know you will enjoy every minute of when it gets here! Just try to relax as much as possible and treasure every moment of it!

We had 4 m/c before 6 weeks last year. It is no longer a joy to get 2 lines on a test. I always have a little hope but until we get blood work done we do not celebrate. We still take pics of our tests in case they get to go in a baby book one day but we will wait and see what happens. If I get to six weeks and get to see a heartbeat - which we have yet to do, then we might start celebrating...cautiously

its harder second time round I think - my dh was positive but I was nervous even when we saw the heartbeat I cherished the moment as i was sure it wasnt going to last - not sure how I would feel if i got another bfp - at least Ive kind of done my own experiment - first bfp I carried on as normal with exercise etc - 2nd bfp I was off work and just rested - and it didnt make a difference - so I think if I got bfp again I would try and carry on as normal with exercise etc

sorry for your losses x

hope the bfp ladies have a happy and healthy 9 months and beyond x

Im just gonna go with the flow, and take it each say as it comes.. I made the mistake last time of getting all excited and buying stuff and telling everyone, and then I lost my baby. Im gonna do it so differently this time! I just think stay calm, dont get excited but then dont worry yourself silly. If its meant to be its meant to be :) x

It doesn't matter how excited you let yourself be, if you'd MC once, twice, three times....it makes you nervous and worried to see a BFP. I keep myself from buying anything, that is what I did with my son, it was almost time for him to be born, and I had just began to buy things. But I was way more confident being pregnant with him, I felt at ease, with the others I knew something was wrong from the beginning. So who are we to tell you how to feel, whatever you may feel will be natural. I know it is unfair to see moms-to-be running out telling everyone the good news and purchasing things as soon as the BFP is visible. But, from experience, it is heartwrenching to come home from the hospital and have to take baby clothes out of the dryer because I had been washing them up to put them in the baby's room and when people run up to you, touch your belly, and ask how far are you now?? boy or girl??? ...Many of us will never get to have the joy we once had with BFP.... I hope we can all find the strength the be happy about something that is so unsure. Good Luck

so today I found out how I would react..I got a positive 1-2 weeks pregnant....OMG! :happydance:

I cried tears of joy, I still feel a little shaky and I'm determined to enjoy every day i have with my little bean!

Obviously I'm a little nervous and i feel i have a long road ahead but this time I know it's going to be ok!

:cloud9:

Blue
xxxx

Yay! just try not to worry, (I know right)...LoL! You are going to anyway.... but just take it one day at a time...hope all goes well! Hugs

Blue Fairy- what amazing news! Many many congratulations to you! :happydance:

I am at 8dpo right now so hoping that AF will not arrive next weekend. I had a mmc and D&C in November at 8 weeks, and I have really struggled to cope with everything. I am now seeing a counsellor about it, so if I get a BFP over the next few months, I can get help to deal with it. My gut feeling is that I would be incredibly happy but at the same time I already feel anxious and slightly cynical about the whole thing. I don't want to see a midwife who will talk to me about breastfeeding or where to have the birth, as I pessimistically feel I probably won't get to that stage (can you tell I am having a down day! :cry:). I also worry that I might struggle to bond with the baby during pregnancy since I lost my heart and soul to the first one.

Don't know - just have to wait and see as everyone has said I guess!

xx

congratulations!!! wishing you a healthy and happy 9 months xxx

Congrats Bluefairy! Great news!

congratulations - wishing you a healthy and happy nine months and beyond x

Congratulations that is fantastic. A new life is a way to mend a broken heart, I'm waiting for that BFP still but I hope when I get it I react like you with total joy and happiness. Its a new start and new hope, worrying is natural but this is a totally new baby. I hope you have a happy and healthy pregnancy, I will keep my fingers crossed that you sail on through

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->