How soon after your BFP Did you contact medical professionals?

OwlBump

Hubby, Son and Bump
Reaction score
I got my first BFP result yesterday, it wasn't especially dark but it was certainly there and my chart seems to back it up :)

I'm testing again in the morning to see if its darkened again as i'm only 12DPO today .

How soon should i call my gp surgery? I'm in the UK x

I called the same day I found out but I have thyroid issues so needed to get labs done asap. With my son I waited 2-3 days I think.

I waited 2 hours. Right when they opened but I've had recurrent miscarriages. In "normal" pregnancies where I live in the US they don't want to see you before 8 weeks.

I called the day after my BFP. I am on medications for Asthma, so wanted to make sure if meds needed to be changed etc, they were ASAP. But I say if you know you're pregnant, the earlier you call the better.

I've still not called gp and i found out last weekend...! Was gonna leave it another week or so?! Last time i saw gp and then nothing til booking in app at hospital which was 11 weeks?! Am only 5 weeks now and was gonna wait til 7 weeks...

At mine they like you to ring and book an appointment with the midwife for 8 weeks. Obviously the sooner you ring, the more likely you are to get an appointment at that time.

With my first baby I got a BFP at 10 dpo and had my appointment the day AF was due. The doctor acted like I was jumping the gun a bit. Good thing I was over the moon or I'd have been annoyed by that ;)

This time I didn't bother phoning until week 5. Not that I'm not excited, I just know that nothing happens very quickly so there's no great rush. I have my appointment next week at 5+5. I mainly want to make sure I get my name down with the midwife so I can get a scan date :D

I called within the week so I could get a midwife, but my first appointments weren't actually until 8-9 weeks.

Thanks everyone :) I'm testing again in the morning for peace of mind. I'm going to call the drs end next week and find out when they wan me to book with the Midwife. I think if i called tomorrow they'd think i was crazy haha

I waited until after my AF was due then called.

I waited til i was 7 weeks pregnant as i remember from last pregnancy the midwife doesnt want to see u til youre 8 weeks pregnant, so the doc saw me at 7 weeks and the MW at 8

I called at week 5 to make my booking in appointment for week 8. The midwife is only there one morning a week so wanted to get it booked for the right time. I haven't been in touch with an actual doctor but will let my gastro dr know as I have an appt with her 2 days before my booking in appointment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->