How soon is too soon??

_Lexi_

Mummy to 1 perfect angel and a 6yr old daughter
Reaction score
I had a c section on feb 6th. Sadly we lost Joshua on feb 7th. He was born at 34 weeks, weighing 2lb7oz. It's six weeks tomorrow. Both my partner and I want to be pregnant again. Nothing could ever replace Joshua, I love him so much and miss him terribly. I just want to be able to give him a little brother or sister on earth. How soon is too soon to start trying again after a c section? You hear so many conflicting stories from 6weeks to 2 years. Those of you that have had multiple c sections, how long did you wait, what was your pregnancy like, did you have a vbac or another c sec? xx

I know this isn't what you want to hear but when I was training as a mw we would recommend women wait 12 months before ttc again as the uterine muscles need time to heal. There risk of rupture which could result in a hysterectomy.

I'm very sorry for your loss

The physio that came to see me said my muscles are fine. I didn't get a bump (at all, didn't put any weight on either) so they weren't stretched or anything. Just mainly the scar that I'd worry about I guess xx

i got pregnant again 10 months after my first section, was going to have a VBAC but lo was breech so i had a second section at 36 weeks, this time we got pregnant 16 months after section. I'm so sorry for your loss xxx

I was told five months, but DH and I will start trying in at about four months. Massive :hugs:, Lexi.

How are you and your OH doing? Are things better? Is he treating you better?

:hugs:

Things are completely different. There so good. He came home from work 3 hours early the other day as I got a bit upset. He rings me every hour when he is at work too check I'm alright. We haven't argued in 2 weeks (instead of every 2 hours). He put loads of thought into my birthday last week, and got me a gorgeous piglet card from Joshua today. Fingers crossed he stays like this. He hasn't let me go food shopping, or do the cooking. I don't know what's happened to him, but I like it. He's almost back to being the man I fell in love with. Hmm, four months I could deal with, already at 6 weeks, and hoping for a holiday before I get pregnant again. Couldn't fly with hyperemesis, and wouldn't take the chance as I'm still being sick now :( How's your little boy? Saw in your signature he's having an operation?xx

The physio that came to see me said my muscles are fine. I didn't get a bump (at all, didn't put any weight on either) so they weren't stretched or anything. Just mainly the scar that I'd worry about I guess xx

You may not have got a bump but your uterus when not pregnant is about the size of a screwed up fist. The muscles if your uterus WILL have stretched to accommodate a 34 week baby. This is the concern not your abdomen muscles

My mums friend who is a MW said ideally give it 1-2 years, but that's for delivery, not getting pregnant. So in theory after 3 months will give you that 1 year delivery date? hope the timing is right for you xx

Lexi -- glad to hear that your OH and you are getting along better....

as for trying again, I was told one (1) year, but in my case, I am 44 and probably wouldn't get lucky again, plus with pre-eclampsia (and it was quite bad), I would be very worried about myself throughout the pregnancy and let alone, the baby too....

best wishes

I had Evan by c section in May last year and found out i was pregnant again early October, so 4 months here. I was told to wait 6 months just to be sure but i couldn't :(

I'm almost 27 weeks, so far i've had no problems with my scar, no pain or anything like that and things are looking very good. No one has mentioned the lack of time between pregnancies in a bad way at all and i was told i could try a vbac if i wanted to, i'm having an elective section at 37 weeks but its my choice, they said theres no reason i couldn't try a vbac!

Having been in your situation, i understand how hard it is to wait :( I think you have to go off how you feel, emotionally and physically, i healed physically very quickly and very well, only you knows how well you've healed and how it feels. If you feel ready in a month, 6 months or a year then go for it, lots of people get pregnant quickly after a csection and are fine, you be the judge of how you feel about it xx

I spoke to my doctor, they suggested to wait 3 months before trying to give my body time to heal, and as long as I think I need after to get through the emotional side of things. All depends on the results of his post mortem though. At the moment they're trying to find out what happened to Joshua and the chance of it happening again xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->