• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

How successful have your sweeps been?

Elizdia

Reaction score
Hi ladies, I'm booked in for a sweep next week and I wondered what the feedback is like. Would you say it was successful? And how long after did you go into labour?

Thanks x

I actually just had my first one done today at 830.I've already lost my plug before the sweep. So far I'm just cramping it seems. It can take up to 48 hours I've been told to actually work. I'm hoping it does. I mean I'm 40+, 3cm and 100% effaced lol. Fingers crossed and I will be back for an update for you if it was successfull or not!

Oh, I also have my induction for Friday at 6am, so yeah. We will see.

Sweeps have higher success rate if your body is ready to go into labour, they say if it works you will go into labour within 48hrs. More likely to be preformed after 40w for better chance of working.

I had mine at 41w. She arrived at 41+2, 4hrs before 48hr window time was up :)

Sweeps have higher success rate if your body is ready to go into labour, they say if it works you will go into labour within 48hrs. More likely to be preformed after 40w for better chance of working.

That makes me have hope! Lol had my first one and only one done today. Fingers are crossed!
(40w4days, 3cm +100% effaced, mucus plug gone 4 weeks ago)

That makes me have hope! Lol had my first one and only one done today. Fingers are crossed!
(40w4days, 3cm +100% effaced, mucus plug gone 4 weeks ago)

Have sex!! I was 2cm, not favourable and cervix facing the back. First night i had false run of 5-6hrs. Second night we had sex, 30mins later intense contractions. 2hrs later were 4min apart. 4hrs later was in hospital, 2hrs later baby born. Good luck!

I'm having a sweep tomorrow! So I'll keep you updated!

I've not lost my plug. I've had some slightly blood stained discharge in and off for a bit. I did do a quick check yesterday and my cervix felt rather high but soft.

I'm hoping they can tell me if I'm dilated even just a TINY little bit! Fingers crossed!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->