how to bring on labour..

4nnii3

Reaction score
Hello girls..
Just wondered what everyone had tried to bring labour on, i had a scan on tuesday and they have estimated bubs to weigh 8lb 6oz already, so dont really want to go over my due date if i can help it.
I have been taking rasperry leaf capsules since 35 weeks, i now use clary sage in the bath and also OH rubs it into my belly and back each night..
I have heard about castor oil and orange juice, what does this do? .. has anyone tried it? ..
Any other ideas on what to do? ..

Castor oil is very dangerous, please don't use it. It will give you the runs and maybe have baby do a bowel movement inside you.

I don't know about orange juice, but I think the best way to bring on labor is a nice long walk, followed by lots of relaxing and the same way baby got there... sex.

Ugh...you brought up the C (caster oil) word again! :) I don't have any suggestions as your body will go when it's ready anyhow. Good luck :)

can try all the old wives tales eating pineapple, spicy food (like orange juice these are meant to encourage labour as it affects your bowels which can trigger your uterus as well, same with castor oil but this can give you really bad stomach cramps and diarrhoea).

Bumpy car ride, long walk, scrubbing floors on all fours. Generally keeping active can trigger labour.

Unfortunately all these won't really help unless your body is ready to go into labour. Have you had any symptoms that it could be nearing at all?

all midwives say that the old wives tales do not work such as eating spicy foods etc. i think plenty of walking and excerise.get jumping on a excercise ball that gets the baby in the right position to come!
good luck and hope you dont go overdue! keep us updated

I agree! I'm 37 weeks dilated at 1cm and my ob says my baby can arrive at any moment because her head is so low. Several people told me not to take castro oil but that sex might help. That's the last thing on my mind. I'm sure my hubby would be happy to render his services. Lol! If you know any more tips let me know.

Also, what's up with pineapple??

I agree! I'm 37 weeks dilated at 1cm and my ob says my baby can arrive at any moment because her head is so low. Several people told me not to take castro oil but that sex might help. That's the last thing on my mind. I'm sure my hubby would be happy to render his services. Lol! If you know any more tips let me know.

Pineapple apparently have enzymes in them which can cause your uterus to contract but you have to eat a lot of them, 8/9 whole pineapples either in chunks or juiced. I have heard people only having 2 and done the trick though!!

Please don't use castor oil hun, it can make you and the baby very poorly! It really isn't worth it.

Some people will suggest things like sex, loads of walking, spicy food etc. But to be honest hun baby will come when he's ready. x

Pineapple apparently have enzymes in them which can cause your uterus to contract but you have to eat a lot of them, 8/9 whole pineapples either in chunks or juiced. I have heard people only having 2 and done the trick though!!

Good to know! Now that is something I can do without any complaints.

acupuncture, foot massage, sperm (like you were TTC) needs to hang out around cervix. :)

I've also seen nipple stimulation :) with or without a pump. Was kinda looking into it yesterday on google.

My doctor recommended sex and nipple stimulation....he said these are the only 2 things to have actual physiological affects. Personally I have been walking, taking red raspberry leaf tablets, clary sage oil baths etc with no luck......still hanging out at 3cm and just can't get into a routine for labor! UGH!

Ok ladies what does nipple stimulation include? :haha: That may be a silly question but if you don't use a pump what does it intale?

K this site may be a little helpful for the nipple stimulation https://www.birthingnaturally.net/cn/technique/nipple.html

Yup that! I read that you could use a pump Get a warm washcloth or heating pad and lay across breast. Remove washcloth from one side and use pump for 15 min then replace warm cloth and do the same with the other side. Then wait 15 min with the cloth in place...then repeat. DO this until contractions start. Also stop pumping once you are having a contraction and no more then 30 min at a time as to not over stimulate your uterus :)

I've been walking. Peppermint, foot massage, spicy foods I heard all help. But nothing has helped me so far but a cervix check. It sent me into labor and I had regular contractions for hours and then NOTHING. lol. So.... I've been trying these to get it going again.

If you have an exercise ball, use that! For example, I am (right now!) sitting on my exercise ball with my laptop sitting on a kitchen chair. Midwives say that sitting on a ball doesn't necessarily induce labor, but it gets your body ready for labor (which is what you really want-- you don't want baby to come out before they're ready!) Sitting on the ball & bouncing will help shift the baby further down & hopefully help you dilate & efface some!
Of the other methods you can try-- I'm sure everyone has heard of going for a long walk. However, I think that walking only helps if you are already in labor? Not sure on that one-- but going for a walk is relaxing and good exercise, anyways!
I've also heard that going for a swim can be helpful. You will feel weightless (it's sooo nice to have the pressure off your back!) and your movements will be more free. This makes the baby, again, shift down further. There are a lot of methods, but these, I think, are ones that help your body even if you don't actually push yourself into labor. I would definitely suggest against caster oil. Sure, it has been known to work about 50% of the time, but it has a lot of risks involved as well. Why put the possible risk on your baby?

Good luck! Sending labor dust your way! :flow:

A big long walk seemed to do the trick for DS, my labour started that night, he was 6 days late and I'd been 3cm dilated from the day he was due. All the best!

I feel better after I walk :haha: Same with sex...I actually feel better. Wether it's nipple stimulation, sex, walking or anything natural mentioned your body won't go unless it's ready ....I'm not sure there is such thing as pushing yourself into labor...it just comes naturally when it's ready.

well I've tried them all and go is for induction at 9am tomorrow... I'm currently 11 days overdue and fed up - baby will only come when he/she is ready!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->