How to chart bbt when terrible sleeper

AllyS83

Reaction score
Hi.
I have been charting for a few months now. My problem is I am a terrible sleeper!
Example of last night, awake at 11,12,4.30 and 7.30. Sometimes awake for upto an hour.
I took my bbt at 4.30 it was 36.5 and again at 7.30 and it was 37.
Any advice appreciated.

Are you ovulating regularly and do you see a shift after ovulation???

I am a terrible sleeper as well, I honestly just do the best I can. I usually wake up at some point between midnight and 4am to pee. I temp then and call it good. Sometimes I have had several hours of sleep, sometimes I have had one hour of sleep. I don't ovulate so i haven't seen a temp shift but many women who do ovulate and have poor sleep cycles notice a pattern over several months of shifting after O.

Hi
Yes I do appear to ovulate, temp drop and positive opk tests.
It's really tricky to test isn't it I have been taking seven seas this seems to have lengthen my cycles a little bit which is good as they were getting too short.

Hi ally, I sleep horribly as well. I just take the temp after it feels like I was asleep a while. If I wake up a couple of times I'll temp both and use whichever was lower as that would be the more accurate one. I can still detect ov and af so it seems to be working for me. Good luck

I usually just take my temp at 5:30 every morning. If I wake up before that I generally just take it and enter it. I sleep pretty awfully as well and it always detects my ovulation so I wouldn't worry to much if that is the case for you.

I would just take it when you wake up for the day. I am also an awful sleeper and have terrible insomnia with periods of up to two hours awake in the middle of the night (and I also get up to use the toilet probably twice). It never effected my temping. I just temped when I woke up for the day (or when I was pretty sure I wasn't falling back asleep, sometimes it would have been 5am, sometimes 8 or 9am), regardless of how much I had been awake during the night or how long I'd been sleeping before that last wake up. It was fine. I still had a very obvious pattern so that I could detect ovulation and got pregnant easily.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->