How to complain about poor antenatal care (from earlier thread)

Flo_B

Reaction score
I am not normally a very political person but I just read the thread about dreadful antenatal care and as I have just emailed my MP and the Minister for Children and Families about my own poor experience I thought I'd share it in case anyone else wanted to contact them.

The Government announced a new policy on Maternity services called Maternity Matters. Technically this isn't supposed to be in full effect until the end of 2009 but the byline of 'Maternity "Choice, access and continuity of care in a safe service" is laughable and I can't see how on earth they intend to have this in place by the end of the year.
You can download it and have a read here: https://www.dh.gov.uk/en/Publicationsandstatistics/Publications/PublicationsPolicyAndGuidance/DH_073312

My concern is that as a first time Mum with very little experience of babies I am not getting any advice at all. The antenatal classes in my area have been cancelled. No wonder we read about cases where babies and young children haven't been cared for properly when women are not given any support.

I hope that anyone who has experienced poor antenatal care will email their experiences to the Minister of Children and Families as nothing will be done if we don't all complain.
Email [email protected] and refer to Maternity Matters in the subject box.

Thank goodness for forums like this which provide invaluable support to Mums!

Thank you for this and I've written possibly the longest email I possibly could lol.

Thank you Flo_B will email them my experiences of NHS maternity 'care'. xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->