How to deal with giving notice against advice?

missk1989

Reaction score
Difficult to asign a title to this one! Basically I am doing a pgce in further education and am at uni 2 days and on placement at a college the other 3. My placement is so unorganised with lessons and ive tried to email them over christmas to get a sheme of work so i can do some planning and havnt heard back off 2 of the three teachers. ( I also asked them in person when we broke for the holidays in november and they said they would email them) On friday i got offered a PAID placement. An actual teaching job even though im not qualified yet. Of course I accepted it. I emailed my tutor at uni today asking how i go about leaving my current placement without causing upset as they will probably be asking the college to take students again next year so dont want to cause problems for them. She said she will talk to me about it friday as she thinks i should tell my mentor at the placement face to face when i go back next week. I wasnt planning ongoing back next week and told the new placement (and job) that i was available if they needed me. I dont know if they do need me but would like to be available if they want me to go sign contracts or show me the ropes. Also seems as no one at my current placement has emailed me back since november i have no lesson plans to turn up and teach on tuesday anyway!
Sorry for the essay. What would you do? I dont want to upset the uni as they are marking my course but i really want/need this job to work out and dont want to upset them either.

I'd go for the paid placement. Sounds a good opportunity.
Current set up sounds terribly disorganised! Not great for helping you succeed anyway.
Congrats on the placement!

I'd go for the paid placement too but I think you need to tell the school properly why you aren't going back, if only to help make things better for the next students on placement there. Could you arrange to go in this week instead of waiting for when you're supposed to be back?

I'd go for the paid placement too but I think you need to tell the school properly why you aren't going back, if only to help make things better for the next students on placement there. Could you arrange to go in this week instead of waiting for when you're supposed to be back?

Unfortunatley she isnt in until next week. I was going to email her and see if she could meet me this week but dont know what to say without saying im leaving. :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->