How to deal with name disagreements?

Breeelizabeth

Reaction score
I hope this is ok to post here! How do you deal with name disagreements? OH likes really out there names (Ace, Chance, Major, Jupiter) for a boy and I hate them. Everything I suggest he hates (I love Madden, Boyd and Abel) we can't find even one name that we just sort of both like. I know it's still early days for us but I'd like to at least find some common ground with him! We've read all of the name books, his sister has even had us write seperate lists and she went through to find anything similar and there was nothing.

I guess there's still hope that you'll have a girl and get to avoid the problem? If you're going to find out, I'd probably wait until you know, that way you only have half the number of names to argue about. If you do need a boy name, maybe it would help to write individual lists again and then discuss each name. Ie "I don't like xyz because it reminds me of someone/it sounds harsh/I don't like z spellings/..." Maybe if you get a better idea of what you're each looking for in names, you'll find it easier to find some common ground?

How about Asa? We were going it use it if DD was a boy, it is biblical and in my opinion has a very similar feel to Abel, but has the nickname Ace which your husband liked.

I could have written this! My husband comes up with names that I'm not even sure are actually names!! I don't know why he (and most people) are so determined to be so different.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->