How to deal....

janie0

Reaction score
It's been 16 months since my mmc & delivery at 18 weeks of our precious little one. It's been really hard coping, however my way of coping has been to completely cut myself off from any baby. Now, babies born before the mmc I can oddly be around & it doesn't bother me too much. But I have avoided new babies, newly pregnant friends, very pregnant friends, baby showers, etc. just to be able to get through the day.

That all changed on a short haul airlineflight last week. A mom with a 3 month old screaming baby boy got on board & sat next to me. I cringed, however somewhere between watching this new mom fumble for a bottle, try to undress him, find a pacifier & try to buckle her own seat belt....I melted. That little boy looked up as innocent as any child & gave me a soft smile. I put my hands out to assist the new mom & she was so grateful for my help. It was the first baby I held since that fateful day.

So for those that think that it will never get easier, it does. It's a painful process but healing does happen. I'd never thought I would say that.

I hope I've given hope to a mom who needs it today xox

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"