How to dry up breast milk?

Sophiejash

Reaction score
Ok my son is 1 month old and I've had nothing but problems with breast feeding. I've had enough, I'm at the point where i dread feeding whereas it should be a pleasurable experience. I've decided to make the change to formula but after my last pregnancy I developed a breast abscess and have already had mastitis this time so terrified if I just switch and leave my milk I'll have further problems. Does anyone know of any remedies to help dry up beast milk?

Sorry you are having a hard time breastfeeding. I can relate but I am pushing through. I had a friend of mine that just stopped BF and her milk dried up.

Also have you thought about exclusively pumping? That way you dont have to breastfeed but your baby is still getting your milk.

Honestly I just stopped. A tight, but not too tight, bra with breast pads. 3 days they were rock hard and then it went away. All dried up. It wasn't too painful actually. I also took sudafed and drank peppermint tea which is supposed to help dry up too. Once I did pump for 5 mins each side. I was told 5 minutes won't cause more milk to be made. But then it was done and over. I had a nasty time with plugged ducts. If get 2 a day at least and 2 rounds of mastitis. And didn't have any issues just stopping cold turkey.

Sage tea. If you can stand to drink it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->