How to eat healthy during MS peak!!

sunshine2014

Reaction score
I just had a reassurance scan at 10w3d. The nurse mentioned that I had quite a jump in my weight since my last visit 3 weeks ago (awesome).

I'd say I've gained about 8 pounds since my starting weight, which I know is a lot for first trimester. But I've had crazy ms and am finding it hard to not reach for the bagels, english muffins, cereals (basically all the bad foods I typically avoid).

Does anyone have suggestions on some healthy snacks that work during ms? I've had aversions to salad, but am able to eat fruit and vegetables. But sometimes that need for something filling (bread) overcomes me....

celery helped me for a little while. buts that's about it. loved strawberries but the give me heartburn :(

I find protein helps my Ms 100%! Fruits like pineapple, grapes and strawberries help when I'm having sugar cravings :) if I crave carbs I try to go for sweet potatoes, brown rice and wholemeal bread :thumbup:

I find protein helps my Ms 100%! Fruits like pineapple, grapes and strawberries help when I'm having sugar cravings :) if I crave carbs I try to go for sweet potatoes, brown rice and wholemeal bread :thumbup:

Hi embo, you said you've been having pineapple, I just bought a container of fresh cut pineapple but then accidentally came across something on the internet that says pineapple shouldn't be eaten in pregancy because of the bromelein sp? In it is known to ripen the cervix and cause premature labor or miscarriage...have you heard anything about this? Honestly we have so many restrictions that I didn't want to believe it but I found it while looking for natural ways to encourage labor and site after site said it should be avoided until you're full term-I hope you don't take this the wrong way, I'm not questioning you at all, I promise, I'm just curious about it because it was the first time I had heard about it and it scared me!

I've never heard of that hunny. I think if there was any truth in this it'd mean if you eat massive amounts but I literally just have a few pieces (probably 1.5 rings) and have it with a few strawberries and melon pieces.

I'm not offended at all though. It's something I'd definitely want to know :thumbup:

you have to eat a lot of pineapple for the to be anyway near true. In my last pregnancy I read that a lady had been told to it had to near on 8 whole pineapples

Ok thanks! I think you're probably right, it scared me though ;)

Ohhhh me too!!! I ate a bunch of pineapple in the Caribbean last week.

Thanks for the tips...I'll definiteyl try to stock up on raw veggies and sweet potatoes.

I hear you! I've been eating the weirdest things, can't seem to figure out how to contain myself, because it happens so unexpectedly and I just go for it like a mad woman.

I'm really wanting to eat bacon sandwiches and chips. I'm finding it hard to be healthy especially as I'm feeling so nauseous.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->