How to encourage good sleep for baby #2.

Ashley1021

Pregnant with my first!
Reaction score
My ds1 was (and still is) a terrible sleeper. He was up every three hours to have a bottle until we finally took it away at 14 months. He needed lots of butt patting staying in the room etc to help him fall asleep.

Ds2 is only three weeks old, so I know I can't really encourage anything yet, but I can't cope with another terrible sleeper! Ds2 has reflux so hates laying flat, he's on meds but still can't stand sleeping flat. He spends his first part of the night in the living room with dad in his rock and play and he keeps him until about 12:30 or 1 so I can get some rest. At 1 he comes in with me. Occasionally he will sleep in his rock and play for me but usually he fusses and ends up in bed with me. He's eating 2 oz every two hours, but today he has wanted 3 at every feed.

I'm not too worried about his sleep now, as I know he's still little and needs round the clock care. When he sleeps during the day he will happily fall asleep on his own in his rock and play or while I'm burping him.

With my ds1 I would have to bounce, car rides, swings, etc or he would just scream.

Any tips for having a decent sleeper??

Ds1 had reflux and was a terrible sleeper so I can understand where your coming from on both counts. With the reflux I found omeperozole worked best meds wise. We propped the cot with books but wish we had just bought a cot wedge. This time round we got a chicco next to me which can be adjusted to give the same angle and is right next to you so it's easy if they have a bad night. I swear by our poddle pod and now toddle pod now he's grown. Ds2 sleeps so well in it and has since 10 weeks, we even take it with us when staying away from home and he sleeps happily. I'd also recommend taking baby upstairs to bed at your oldest's bedtime and keep the room dark till morning. That's what we did anyway and it seems to work but they are all different. Anything worth a try for sleep isn't it! Good luck hope he sleeps well soon xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->