How to entertain 6 months old & energetic baby?

mylittlebubs

Reaction score
This is his routine roughly..
- he wakes up at 7:30, i put him in his highchair which he loves to sit and play with his toy for 15-20 min
- then we go out for a walk (everyday) with the dogs
- come home put him in the walker or sit him and he plays with his other toys,
- bath before 9am, then he might nap for 15-20 min :dohh: if not I put him in the bouncer
He usually naps 20-30 min each time at around 9am, 11-11:30am, 1-2pm, 4-5pm, not exactly.
But between these naps I have normally 2 hours to entertain him and after an hour I run out of ideas what to do to keep him busy :dohh:
* usually during each nap i put him in the bouncer for 15-20 min, not long because he bounces the whole time and that;s enough for him
then sit on his highchair and play
sit with me and play, then the walker but lately he's not interested in it much 10min is enough

I even dance and jump about to make him laugh :rofl: but it's not good :rofl:
What else can I do? :dohh:

i found 6 months the awkward age to entertain because he couldnt sit and play alone but there wasnt much i could do with him if u get me? mayube a baby play gym or i used to lay leeon on his tummy with lots of toys on a play mat...ermmmm im lost cant think now

I'm having some of the same problems. Hannah is not really interested in her exersaucer any longer and likes playing on the floor but she wants me to sit and play with her and she gets frustrated I think because she can't crawl :dohh:

Read him a book, sing?

I know how tiring it can be, and I feel worn out mid-afternoon (my LO's not a good sleeper), so its hard to keep all cheery and bouncy!!

i also have a busy active baby. I tend to do a combination of the following:

Let him play in his jumperoo
Let him watch some tv (ideal to slow him down before a nap, I see no harm)
read him a book
Let him sit up and play with bricks, soft toys etc etc
Play on his baby gym play mat.
We have an inflatable ring so he'll also have some time sitting and playing in here.
Tummy time.
Sing along to nursery rhyme cd.
we also have this - but the English-French one- which is great. lots of settings and fun https://www.amazon.co.uk/Fisher-Price-Fun-Friends-Musical-Table/dp/B001CBXIAA
Take him out to the shops
Take him out to play with other babies (i try at least twice a week).
I generally try and take him on t least one outing a day. Even if it's just out in the car to do the recycling etc!

we also have meal times and snack times to break things up, and these can take some time.

We vary playing upstairs in his room and in the living room.

Read him a book, sing?

Oh! i forgot to say i also read him a book but he wants to get hold of it all the time :dohh: and he doesn't like my singing anymore
He doesn't like to lie down in the playmat either:dohh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abourne499
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->