How to get started in cloth when LO is 9 months old

LOL i'd defo reccommend the BG AIO too :) its lovely...i gave mine up ay too easily!LOL ...i also have a few if you wanna borrow Lu :)

sara

xxxxxxx

Awww thanks ladies! :flower: I'd be terrified of staining your gorgeous nappies though, I'd feel horrible!!

So I've pretty much decided on pockets, AIO or AI2 (look at me using the lingo I'd never heard before today! :haha:) because I don't want to hide the prettiness. Aisling is 9 months and has just hit 18lbs so she's long and skinny, does that make a difference for brands?

And would you recommend getting a starter kit kind of thing or just buy them individually?

i'd defo buy them individually hun..that way you can buy a couple of this and a couple of that :) also if you are happy with it you can but preloved:)

ok so heres a few aio.pockets and ai2...

AIO:

BG AIO (and you can get the Organic)
Itti Bitti AIO (they have some lovely prints!)

Pockets;

Fuzzi Bunz
BG V3
Blueberry
Nature Babies
Naughty Babies (e bay cheapies)
Mammy Made (Princessellie makes them!)

AI2
Itti Bitti D'lish
Pop in (great for nighttime)

thats about all i can think of for now .....should keep you going for a little while deciding what you like.........BUT :blush: sorry i gotta do this .... if you are getting cloth you simply gotta have a look at Baby Legs too .......:)........https://www.fill-your-pants.com/product/41/0/babylegs-leg-warmers--3-pairs-for--20-

sara

xxxxxxx

Thanks Sara - what are the baby legs for?! :blush:

Couple more questions:

Do you all have buckets or just big waterproof bags for storing them before washing?

Would you use cloth when you go away? My sister is due her baby in Ireland in a few weeks and I'll be going home for a few days at least - would like to show off my cloth if I have them by then but not sure if it's practical?

How do you rinse the poo off before they go in the washing machine?! The nice adult type ones I can see just knocking into the loo but we're having lots of nasty teething poos at the moment...

Ok, price wise I'm liking the look of the Naughty Baby ebay ones because it looks like something I could actually afford at the moment and then I guess I could get pretty ones every now and then. Has anyone used the Naughty Baby ones and what were they like?

Stalking this thread.... I dont know anything about reuseables but I love BG prints xxx

I haven't used Naughty Baby but plenty have on here (and some of my RL friends) and they are good, not as pretty as some but a good staple nappy, def good for the price. If you like them I would recommend you get some as they would really get you started. Then you can buy the odd pretty one on top of that.

I use the BG AIO as my 'staple' nappy, then I have a few pretty ones for when I want to show them off! :haha: It's a good idea I think.

Yeah go for it!

Most people use a lidded (has to be lidded) bucket for nappies, and dry pail, which is where you take the nappy apart, and leave in the bucket until you wash, either every day, every other day or every 2 days. You can put tea tree or lavender oil or something in the bucket to make it smell nice. Runny poos you can rinse off and then put in the bucket, harder ones just tip down the toilet.

If you want to show your cloth off in Ireland but worried it will be impractical take your cloth and then some disposables too, just in case. I so far have used cloth every time I have been away, I have just made sure there are washing and drying facilities and if I am staying with someone have checked they don't mind washing them. (My MIL loves it and washes them one by one, hangs them all over the place, drives me a bit mad as I like to do them altogether!!).

Baby legs are great for showing off your fluff ...... cute tee shirt, cyte fluff and babylegs :thumbup:also make nappy changes soooooooo easy :)

pic :
DSC00152.jpg

sara

xxxxxx

What Kirsten said :thumbup: bucket, dry pail, put in the wash. Easy. You can use liners while you've got weaning poo but we got by without, we use disposable wipes so would just scoop up the sticky stuff with a wipe and chuck it in the loo. I've never worried about scraping every trace of poo off lol! I just wash them well and have never had any problems with staining etc.

And I'm just starting to realise how useful Babylegs would be right now as it's a nightmare trying to get Jack's trousers back on after nappy changes! Plus, they'd keep his ankles warm in the mei tai - no more gap between ruffled up trousers and booties!

i'll third that :) .... i'm a bit anal about poo stains so i use the fastest setting on the shower to get the little bits of poo out and then throw in the Pail :)

i have had Naughty Babies and cant recommend them enough.....for the price you pay they are fab :) not as pretty as the big brands etc but for a good starter nappy then a HUGE :thumbup:

as for going away then i would still use them so long as you have washing facilities....i'd probs use disposable liners just to make life a little easier but i'd defo go for it :)

sara

xxxxxxx

im gonna stalk this thread,

i have a few of the naughty baby aio's but when alex grew out of his bambino mios i never bought any more :cry: so is in disposables most the time now!

someone mentioned that at the baby show they have loads of cloth nappies for you to see and are discounted but thats not till may

so might have to get a few to tide me over til then :happydance:

https://www.thebabyshow.co.uk/

we managed to get a travel lodge for £9 for the may one

:happydance:

Is it really bad that I was actually dreaming about cloth nappies last night? :haha::blush:

So I think I'll go for the Naughty Babies to get me going and then I might get some from Mammy Made because they seemed really reasonable and very pretty :D I was telling DH about it all last night, wasn't sure what he'd make of it. I showed him the Naughty Baby ones and he was like 'they're alright but can she not have some pretty ones too?!' Never expected that from him!!

Think I'll get some disposable liners for Ireland and out and about and then a combination of using wipes to get the heavy poo out and the shower for the rest should do the trick :thumbup: I just couldn't quite get my head around how it was all meant to work!

My council do a cashback scheme too so if I spend £60, as long as I show them a receipt they'll give me £30 :happydance: Thanks for the tip Shifter!

I'm soo excited, wish I had them already!

:yipee: thats great about your OH too:) the Naughty babies are really good and they deliver pretty quickly too so they shouldnt take to long to get to you once you order..just remember that you will need to pre wash them and they will take a few washes to get up to full absorbency :thumbup: cant wait to see some pics of Aisling in a fluffy bum :)

sara

xxxx

Sorry, another question!! Do you think the Naughty Babies would be ok for under clothes being one size?

ive just had my naughty baby ones on alex today and tbh i didnt notice alot of difference with his clothes and things :hugs:

I don't notice any difference in clothes in mine, can't imagine they'd be much different, mine are nearly all one size.

I am totally going to that baby show now! :D

nah i dont notice any difference in clothes..except for nighttimesLOL

Definitely confused now! I'm trying to decide between Flips and Naughty Baby as my everyday now :dohh: Just posted another thread for opinions....

Was also wondering if anyone had recommendations on good nappy buckets, bags for them and wet bags and the best place to get them? God you're going to be sick of me soon! :blush:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->