How to keep a 15 month old entertained?

Kelz22

Reaction score
My LO used to love playing in his playpen for hours at a time with all his toys but now hes getting really bored.I bring him out walks now and again.Play outside with him when its not wet but he seems to get bored off these things after about 20 mins now.Any ideas please?Thanks.xxx

Emily is the same age and we have stationed off a cornor of the room just for her.. she loves to "pretend play" with her kitchen, colour, we bought a little pool and bought plastic balls and she will play for hours with that, we go for walks to the park, I take her swimming and play group..they are just discovering their world for the first time so help them explore !

Ronan basically has free reign of any living space or room that we're in. He plays with his toys but he's just as happy to play with the vacuum cleaner for a half hour or a calculator, or a whisk and bowl etc. We go outside, go for walks, go to play groups, parks, indoor play areas/gymboree etc., swim, splash around with water even if it's just some water in a bowl and a few cups on the deck. We read, we listen to music and sing and dance, we have picnic lunches on the living room floor or again, outside that can easily take up an hour of our time, we draw with crayons or get messy with paint and scribble on the driveway with chalk...

Lily loves painting and drawing, it can keep her entertained for ages. She loves pretending to do stuff like giving her platic tea sets she pretends to poor drinks etc. She loves her mega blocks to and baking cakes!

We turned our whole conservatory into a soft play area for lo, there are lots of toys, books, ball pool, bubbles, a chalk board, and colour pens for him to scribble but you know what.... he still gets bored! Anything bores him after 20-30 minutes unless we are out at gymboree, swim class, soft play etc. Theres just too much for them to be interested in! I think as long as you mix it up a bit, even sitting and playing in a different room can take the boredom away like Ihsan knows when we go up to his bedroom he can play with all his teddys and in my bedroom we have different toys too. Its hard to entertain them sometimes! x

We do so many random things. I love building forts out of blankets and furniture with Emma. We turn cardboard boxes into playhouses and she colors all over them and I cut doors and windows into them for her. Finger painting, playing with playdough, coloring in her coloring books, etc. :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->