How to know what size baby clothes to buy.....

flowers1

Newly expecting
Reaction score
Hi everyone
I have finally bought my first item of baby clothing (after stressing for ages about buying too early) and have bought a sweet little sleepsuit. However, I am really confused about sizing and what I need to buy as I don't really know how big the baby will be. I am only 4ft11" and pre pregnancy weighed 44 kgs so am quite petite. At my 20 week scan they said my baby was ever so slightly below average size and my mw has said I am unlikely to have a large baby. When my Mum had me I was 5lbs 2oz and when my sister was born she was 4lb 14oz. My mother-in-law also had babies about this size. So (and sorry for the long ramble in getting here!) I have bought a sleepsuit which is suitable for babies up to 7.5lbs. Have I done the right thing or should I be buying other sizes as well? I intend to have a presentation scan before the baby arrives so will this give me any further idea of size?

be on the safe side and buy newborn and 0-3 months and u will be fine. Also i started on number 2 nappies instead of newborn as there isnt much difference in the size the number 2 just lasts longer

Ive bought 5 vests and 5 babygrows in tiny baby upto 7lb then the rest are newborn upto 10lb ....my babies have so far been 5lb6oz 5lb10oz 6lb3oz so thats why i have bought some tiny baby stuff they say an average baby is 7lb7oz so i would just buy a few of everything in newborn and 0~3 xxx

I bought one or two newborns but normally I buy 0-3 months + It's better that way incase you have a bigger baby.

I have a few newborn pieces, but most are 0-3 months. I think lots of people will buy you clothes too.... so you'll have lots coming. I find that people buy 0-3 and 3-6 months. It's great to get lots of clothes in all different sizes! It's so hard to decide isn't it??
My DH was 11lbs6oz when he was born, and my baby is measuring over a week bigger right now, so I'm really liking the 0-3mos.
Good luck!

xx

Id get all different sizes from newborn to 0-3 and if you have a small baby, baby can wear the bigger size stuff when they grow!

Im also 4ft11 and very petite and was expected to have a small'ish baby but my son was 7lb 8oz. He was in newborn clothes when he was born

Hi hun! Ive also only bought 0-3 as i think he will be a bigger baby i think if you have a mixture you will be fine x

I'm 5'1 and petite and predicted to have a small baby - Elyse was 6lbs 1oz at birth so yes pretty little! She was also measuring a little behind sometimes during my pregnancy. I was overdue and 6lbs 14oz and her dad was 6lbs 5oz.

I was so lucky my friend bought me 3 preemie onesies (baby vests?) and a preemie sleeper, or I'd be sunk! Also had a couple smaller newborn outfits.. she has just grown out of the preemie stuff and one newborn sleeper, and she is 4 weeks old.

Newborn was too big for her when she was born and so was 0-3 months; 0-3 months is still too big! So to be safe I would say buy at least 1 or 2 preemie outfits (up to 7 or 8lbs usually is what they say they are).. buy larger sizes and the baby will eventually grow into them anyway! Just buy a COUPLE little things because you don't know what you're getting for sure in terms of baby's size :)

i have only bought a few newborn pieces and have bought more 0-3 as they grow so quickly! hopefully i will have enough but i do worry that i haven't got enough!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->