how to lose weight after a baby?any advise?

Melisa1985

Reaction score
I gave birth May 16 and have lost a lot so far without even trying, but the extra weight that's still there is extremely bothering me. how do i take it off??
No time for gym right now with a new baby taking all my time. please give me advise for home, dieting?? stuff i could do at home to help me shed the pounds quick?

I too lost most of the weight pretty easily- but then I hit a wall. And I decided I wanted to get down to my pre-baby weight, and then lose an extra 10-15lb I'd been carrying around for years prior! I finally started using the "loseit" app- there is 'myplate' too... a friend recommended loseit to me-- it's on my iPhone so easy to use and log food/excercise daily. I set my goa to lose 1lb per week- I didn't want to do anything too crazy. LOL. Plus, I like to eat! But- I did lose all the baby weight and then some... I'm actually thinner now than I have been in years! Crazy it took having a baby to motivate me- haha. But it did!

That is my best recommendation- because you ONLY count calories and it's easy to use and convenient and don't need to buy special food or do anything too drastic. In time too- it helped me learn to make healthier choices- but I still have "cheat" days from time to time- I'll just eat less for a few days and save those calories up so I can have that mexican food or pizza or ice cream as I'm craving it :)

Also- when you do have time for the gym (or walks with LO)- those are just extra calories you can eat! That was also great motivation for me to continue my workouts and push myself even harder. LOL. The app if FREE btw...

I lost my baby weight and some. I was thin before pregnancy and bounced right to a size 6 after 2 months w/o trying (I was a 4 before preggy), but I am now somewhere between a 2/4. Basically what I did was this: monitor what I'm eating, and literally dance everyday while holding my daughter. I would dance with her like she's my partner and she LOVED it!

I also have to tell you, you have to learn that a little grumble in the belly isn't the end of the world. I'm not advocating starving yourself by any means, but you don't always have to be stuffed to the gills. Drink loads of water, eat raw if possible, and avoid bread.

Now that my daughters 17 mo and can *kind of* entertain herself (hello LeapFrog videos and Little Einstein when she's rowdy), I'm working out 5 days/week at home (I'm a SAHM).

Good luck!!!

Hi,
Your body needs rest after childbirth. You can start losing your weight after 6 months of childbirth. Before you start any exercise and any slimming training you should consult to your doctor. Make a to do list for everyday, cut out at least 500 calories from your daily meal. Discuss with your doctor about calories, how much you can cut out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->