How to piss a pregnant woman off 101

MamaFlick

Reaction score
My Nana should teach classes! Here's a phone conversation we had yesterday:

Nana: Hi honey, just calling to see how you're doing.
Me: Oh I'm good, my back is hurting a bit but nothing new really.
Nana: Yeah, I think you're going to have a big baby.
Me: Huh?
Nana: I mean I think she's going to be really big. Like a really big baby.
Me: Actually no... she's been measuring exactly on target every week of my pregnancy. She should be normal sized. Why do you think my baby is going to be big?
Nana: Well I mean, you're just so big!
Me: I'm not really... I've gained a normal amount of weight and my midwife says everything is perfect, and I even asked her on Friday if I seemed bigger than normal women at my stage of pregnancy and she said that I look average.
Nana: Oh, well maybe you're going to have a lot of amniotic fluid.
Me: I just told you that I'm completely normal, why are you saying that?
Nana: Well you're just so big!!! Your belly is really big!
Me: Did you call just to make me feel bad, or was there some other purpose to this call?
Nana: I called to comfort you about your back pain. I was thinking maybe your back pain is because you're so big.
Me: I'm not big! Please stop calling me big! And you've done nothing other than make me feel bad about myself, so thank you.
Nana: Well don't get all upset!
Me: What do you expect? You just called me big at least five times! I'm going to let you go now, so that I can go try to forget this entire conversation.

What really pissed me off is that she just kept saying rude things. First it's that my baby must be big, then I'm big, and then it's that I must have a lot of amniotic fluid. And I swear she called me big at least five times. I mean, what woman wants to hear that?? Pregnant or not! Then she acted like I was just being hormonal or something, like how dare I be upset with her!

And I've told my Nana how upset it makes me when people make stupid, rude comments about my size. I mean, what pregnant woman doesn't hear idiotic comments from people about their bump? I know it's normal. I just wasn't expecting it from my Nana.

I think she's comparing me to my little sister who is due 5 weeks after me and also has a longer torso than me, so I'm guessing she won't end up showing as much as me anyways. And that really ticks me off because I don't want to be compared to my little sister. Anyone with a sister can probably understand that.

Okay, rant over. :winkwink:

My nan tells me every week that I get bigger every time she see's me. I've told her that until I have the baby I'm not gonna get any smaller.

She also seems to be keeping a close eye on the royal baby and keeps telling me how much bigger I am than Kate. Erm well I'm a few weeks ahead of her, was normal sized not tiny like her to begin with and don't have stylists on hand to dress my bump like she does!

Maybe it's just a nanna thing?

Sorry, I know it isn't fun. It's weird, from a lot of people at work I get the "oh my gosh you are getting sooo huge!" but from the pregnant coworkers I have they say "you are so small I can't believe you are almost done, you are lucky". So I get both, that I'm big and small, just depends on the person's perspective. I would be pissed off too especially cuz you told her she was being offensive and she kept at it. Sometimes I think old people just let their filters go, lol! They figure they've reached an age they can say what they want. And yeah, the length of torso does make a huge difference, those tall girls get really lucky with their tiny lil baby bumps!

Well I'm quite tall and I still have everyone commenting on how huge I am. The last time my mom saw me she grabbed her chest, started stumbling backwards and in an exasperated high-pitched voice said, "That belly! Look at that belly!! I never dreamed in a million years you'd have a belly that huge!!!" I'm also measuring right on target.

My dad asked me what "new due date" my doctor gave me? I told him I didn't know what he was taking about and he said he just assumed I would have even given an earlier due date based on my size...

My neighbor literally runs out of her house every time she sees me outside to ask "how much weight I've gained now?" She literally wants daily updates on my weight gain and will say so how much does the baby weigh? 8 or 9 lbs? I'm still 3 weeks from my due date so I sure as hell hope not!

i'm short and so far luckily it is all belly! i have ppl comparing me to other pregnant ppl they know all the time and tell me how i so have them beat with the belly size!!
my mom has been telling me for the longest time that i should ask the doctor about have a c-section because its gonna be such a big baby!! and the bigger belly has just made her say it more and last time i was home my brother (who's worked in hospital settings for years) said the same thing!! i keep telling them that i'm measuring right on track to where i should be and the doctors didn't say anything about a large baby from my ultrasound...the tech mentioned a long baby but that i expected since my hubby is 6ft 7" and was 24 inches when he was born...so long baby yes but overly large...No!!
so i completely get these size comments especially when they come from family they're even worse!!
i have had the odd person comment on how good i look and that really feels good when they say that!! lol

my MIL is throwing me a baby shower this weekend and wants to play a guess the belly size game!! this should be interesting....for some reason size comments only bother from certain ppl....

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->