How to pronounce...

Rah

Mummy to 2 princesses
Reaction score
How would you pronounce Elena ?

El-len-a
E-lay-na
Or something else?

At first glance I'd say El-len-a but I wouldn't bat an eyelid if I was told it was pronounced El-lay-na, it's one of those names that just depends on the individual.

I would say El-len-a, but I have heard people say El-lay-na too.

I've known people using both pronunciations but personally I prefer Eh-lay-na.

I pronounce it El lay na as the other way sounds more like Helena

Eh-lay-na is how I would say it. It's the name we want to use if we ever have a second daughter. :thumbup:

the official way is to pronounce it phonetically as the name originates from a country where you say things as they are spelt.
so the official pronunciation is eh-LEN-ah

but around the world (mainly where accents and other languages come into play) it can be pronounced differently eh-lay-nah for example which is an acceptable pronunciation but the official pronunciation is eh-LEN-ah

the official way is the way i plan on using it if i have a girl in the future (this is my chosen name for a girl lol)

very pretty :flow:

Thanks
I'm wanting e lay na so may just go for it if most think its that way rather than change the spelling etc

Like others have said, it can easily be either and depends on the individual. I'd personally say Uh-Lay-na.

Other spelling variations could be:
Elainah/Alainah
Elaynah/Alaynah
Elaina/Alaina
Elayna/Alayna

Personally I'd go with Elena or Elaina

Ellen - ah is how i pronounce it. Both ways sounds fine though. x

A friend's little girl is E-lay-na. I love the name personally! :)

I'd pronounce it as el-en-na. El-ay-na if it was spelled Eleina. I think it depends where you are though or where the person is from that is pronouncing it.

I know two girls with that name and both pronounce it a different way! They are constantly correcting people - but personally I think it's a gorgeous name no matter how you say it! Classy!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->