How To Raise A Baby...*sort of turned into a life dilema!!*

welshcakes79

TTC + mum to Reebs
Reaction score
Hmmmm, not even sure this is in the right place, but hey ho ill persevere lol...

When i was pregnant, me and OH never had the conversation of "how would you like baby brought up" he just said as he'd had such a sh*t childhood and my parents had done a good job (matter of oppinion; if you ask them now im lazy and my sis is careless!!!) so he just said bring her up as i see fit...

well thats what ive been doing to the best of my ability for the last 11months and 2 days yet im now being accussed of babying her... with statements such as
"I dont want a wimp for a daughter"
"Put her down or she'll never learn to walk"
"Leave her cry it out you never let her cry"

and i think my ultimate fave (sarcasm!!!) has to be..

(when the baby monitor flashes green/red when she moves)
"oh look she breathed, do you want to go check on her"..

*sigh*

Has/does anyone else have (quite severe) arguments with their babies dads as how your bringing their child/children up...:shrug:

Or am i the only one with a total dickweed for a fiance??

oh totally hun! Me and Paul are on two different planets on how to raise a daughter! Does my nut in because I know lily is going to pick up on it in a bit and probably play us off against each other!

Have u spoken to your OH about it? I have tried with paul but he doesnt listen. x

im in the same boat as you too especially the baby monitor thing too and tried talking to him i just get told to shhhh or ignored etc we end up arguin all the time over things like that x

Yeah, mine just yells at me to stop being so overprotective...
Im sure Rhiannon is picking up on it too as now when he is down she wont go to him (but then he does nothing with her anyway so no loss!!)

*sigh*

think this is part me trying to figure out stuff in my life ATM...

Either im going through a hormonal stage or something needs to change because im not happy about my situation in life..

but im not sure if its only me having these *issues* with OH or if their "normal" relationship issues as he is my first long term one (as in living together engaged and babies)
x

:hugs:

This is one of the reasons I'm glad I'm a single mom, nobody else to deal with.

I'd try to talk to him again.

I don't think there is anything wrong with the way you are parenting. I am a big believer in Attachment Parenting.

The whole raising of children was a conversation my DH and I had over the years we have been together. I don't think I could/would have had a child with him if we hadn't been on the same page on most things. Don't get me wrong there are things we do, and will disagree on, but for the most part we agree on how we are raising our son.

Im sure Rhiannon is picking up on it too as now when he is down she wont go to him (but then he does nothing with her anyway so no loss!!)

*sigh*

Either im going through a hormonal stage or something needs to change because im not happy about my situation in life..

but im not sure if its only me having these *issues* with OH or if their "normal" relationship issues as he is my first long term one (as in living together engaged and babies)
x

:hugs: Maybe you need to have a long serious talk with your fiance about everything. If you have a wedding coming up, you are going to want to be completely sure you want to take that step, if you are still having problems with him you may need to take a step back and analyze the situation. Hope things get better for you. :hug:

*sigh*

x

i dont think its normal to happen everyday but with me its everyday and its about everything to do with leeon and housework etc im thinking of leaving or something has to really change in my life right now id be happy single mummy as wouldnt need to worry about nothing so your not the only one hun x x x x x

i dont think its normal to happen everyday but with me its everyday and its about everything to do with leeon and housework etc im thinking of leaving or something has to really change in my life right now id be happy single mummy as wouldnt need to worry about nothing so your not the only one hun x x x x x

:cry:
Thats exactely how i feel..
except i dont think i should, I made this wonderful little miracle with him so i must have felt something for him right and we've been together 8 years.. but right now, at this moment, id be happy never to clap eyes on him or hear his voice ever again...

and i dont want to feel like that, i want to be in love with him, but...

*sigh*

just too much water and bloody big bridge i think :(

:cry:
Thats exactely how i feel..
except i dont think i should, I made this wonderful little miracle with him so i must have felt something for him right and we've been together 8 years.. but right now, at this moment, id be happy never to clap eyes on him or hear his voice ever again...
and i dont want to feel like that, i want to be in love with him, but...

*sigh*

just too much water and bloody big bridge i think :(

awww, I am so sorry you are feeling like this. :hugs: Good thing is though, you want to be in love with him again, so there is room for change, you just need to talk to him about your feelings, because if you don't it can't get any better. :hug:

:hugs:
I don't know what to advise. Me and Lola's daddy aren't together and he has her one afternoon a week.
I have to say I usually make the rules since I have her most times,but I do consult him when it comes to some bigger stuff. She's obviously very little now so there aren't any problems with this but as she grows up we'll have to consult a lot more and compromise on some things.

i feel the same too hun obviously somethings still there i no just how your feeling im down alot lately over it all i try talking to him but they just dont listen eh :(

:hugs: to you hun,
its shit when you feel like this isnt it

Its like you have so much to say but cant get it out...
im sick of saying how i feel to him, only for him to send me text's like "2009 will be our year babe" (i felt like replying "why are you having a personality transplant")...
its like the harder i shout, the more people ignore me

sorry for the downer everyone :(

x

its ok hun i now its the same for us sorry guys bout our downers :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrsA3000