How to start?

Sweetie

DD, DS, and a Surprise!!!
Reaction score
I'm super stressed with life its self right now. I want to do something for myself and that is losing some weight. I'm at a loss as to where I need to start

What advice do you all have and where did you start?

i dont eat loads of sweets n choc, but my downfall is adding things like mayo and sauce to my food, and also alot of pasta, white rice, and bread. these all add to the weight you are trying to shift. I am literally about to start on a weight loss regime for my wedding in December. 2moro i'm goin to write down everything i eat and see exactly where im going wrong. then im going to make things like soups, and just change little things like instead of toast and tea, ill have weetabix with skimmed milk and pure fruit juice or water. my partner is going to weigh my every week so the pressure will be on!!!! maybe you could have a weigh in each week or every fortnight with a partner or a friend! hope this helps xxx

I find swimming really relaxing and if you go 2/3 times a week you can really loose some weight, am no good at diet advice though !!!

I went from 170 lbs to 122 lbs in ten weeks, by doing the gi diet. it really works! i didn't feel that i was doing anything differently, but changing my eating habits. check out their website. https://www.gidiet.com/

if i can do it, anyone can, and i mean that because i'm a fairly unmotivated person when it comes to weight loss. good luck hun.

Firstly decide whether you want to just go on a diet (short term) or actually change your lifestyle (long term). Going on a diet is fairly easy but a lot of woman find they put the weight straight back on afterwards, as they return to their old eating habits. If you want to change your lifestyle then you will probably want to make the changes slowly otherwise you will probably loose the motivation fairly early on (8 weeks is usually when most people fall off the wagon.) As Lynxylaydee said, you could start by keeping a journal of what you are eating for say 1 week - you might be surprised by all the little things that creep in there! Then you could start substituting some of the not so healthy things for healthier alternatives, such as eating wholegrain bread, rice, pasta rather than white. Always use extra virgin olive oil if you can, as it's really low in fat and really good for your heart - although there's no need to use oil when cooking meat, especially mince. Those grilling things (george forman grills) are really good for cooking meats if you can afford one. You can do anything on them!!
Lastly, if you want to loose weight faster, then exercising is the best way to do this - going it alone is quite hard, so if you have a friend who wants to loose weight, then get together and provide each other with some motivation. Swimming is a great way to exercise, as it's really low impact - an aqua aerobics class might be a fun way to exercise?
I'm not expert, so don't quote me on any of this stuff! But good luck with whatever you choose to for yourself - you deserve it! :hugs:

I started Weight Watchers and It really helps.... :headspin:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->