How to stop comfort sucking without using a dummy

M

Mrsb3

I plan to wean my daughter at 6 months on to formula and a feeding routine..... I am ebf at the moment but lo is still wanting boob to fall asleep and comfort suck on. She is not hungry. It would be nice to let her do this but because of my circumstances I can't. I'm truly exhausted. She won't take a dummy I try her everyday and I feel as though I am forcing this latex thing inside her mouth she looks wounded! Then spits it out within seconds. When I transition her to bottle what is she going to do to get to sleep, I can't keep making her up another feed she will be sick? Has any one been through this?

I've tried both a bottle and a dummy with my dd2 and she refuses both. She comfort sucks to sleep too. Rocking her sometimes soothes her instead and also swaddling and walking about but I find it easiest just to let her comfort suck while I'm watching TV or in bed.
With my dd1 I had to go straight onto a cup as she wouldn't take a bottle either.
I hope your lo transitions well but be prepared off her to refuse it too- could you start introducing one bottle a day now to get her used to it?

My son usually comfort feeds to sleep, but not always. When he does, it's kind of an accident--it happens to be both time to eat and bedtime. There are times he sucks on a towel instead though, just to have something to suck on. Or my shirt. Or whatever he can reach.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->