How to stop from overthinking?

KrissyB

Pregnant with #2
Reaction score
Hi Everybody -
So my DH and I have just started NTNP.... taking prenatals, keeping myself healthy, but trying not to start with temperatures and counting "DPO" and whatnot. At least, that was our original plan.
But then when I thought we might have had some success (still not sure if we did or didn't), then I started doing the math, figuring out what day was which... And realized, it is only a few weeks in each direction of your AF (I know that's obvious, but I never had given it thought before). Now I'm having a hard time not over thinking things and being overly aware of days. My DH asked me not to fill him in on the specifics, but I don't know how to not be overly anxious/ aware as well.
Does any one else have this problem? Any suggestions on how to keep it "natural" and spontaneous?

Hi Krissy,
I just wanted to add that I am in the same boat- and this cycle is our first real attempt at NTNP! We want to just 'let things happen naturally' and I am finding it so hard not to overthink every symptom, and am the same... finding myself counting backward... 'could it be?'... I don't have any tips but am hoping some others do! My husband is the same... doesn't want to know the details because it will stress him out. I have actually been so stressed out 'analyzing' my last period (was really just spotting) and bloating that we havent even had sex in the last week! Kinda counter productive ):

Anglerswife - yep, we are right there at the same spot! First month/cycle not preventing, and only an extremely light af (just very light spotting), followed by lots of hypochondria... or am I actually picking up on changes? LOL

I guess the "Not Trying" part was much harder than I expected for NTNP lol

I've got a doc appointment next week (had it for months, it was supposed to be when we started ttc/ntnp, but we decided not to wait that long) - so I'll see if I get any clearer answers then.

So funny! I have been over analyzing every twinge, tired day, and mood swing! I had such a light 'first period' that I thought it might be implantation bleeding... DH is going to kill me if I buy anymore HPTs out of paranoia... we are totally on the same track- Iam going to the doc next week too for my pre-conception appointment (also booked since before we were married!). Hopefully we get some answers! Please share if you get any good insight.

I too tend to over think, I have irregular cycles so Preg Tests have been in our budget for a looong time.. I was convinced back in Aug that I was def preggo I had a horridly bad period in July which we think was a missed mc and phew since then I've been obsessing.. I still have irreg cycles and because of a job position change DH is always soo tired our Sex Life and declined big time... WE Both wanted to just let nature take it's course but I have had enough of that and I'm waiting on UPS to deliver my OPK & HCG Wondofo Tests I got off Amazon :) GL to all you ladies and I keep hearing the people I do talk to about TTC tell me to relax and "stop trying" it will happen, that somehow sounds like such a great idea but is impossible when it actually comes down to it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->