• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

How to successfully wean an 18 month old

Boozlebub

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

My DS is coming up to 18 months now and still feeds before bed, 1-2 times in the night, (normally around 5 to get him to sleep longer) and then before his nap at lunchtime. He really only uses it to fall asleep.

I really want to wean now, especially the nap and nighttime but don't mind keeping the bedtime for a while longer. (He can nap without the boob in his pushchair or car etc but I don't want to do that everyday)

So my question is how to do it. I've tried the jay Gordon approach a few months back and it worked til we started teething again. Now he is no longer teething something has to be done. He also doesn't eat to great and feel that might improve when we stop breastfeeding.

Any insight or suggestions? (No CIO or CC please!)

I went from nursing my DD in bed to sitting up and giving her milk then doing gradual retreat for falling asleep (see supernanny website). When she was used to dozing off without relying on BFing to actually achieve sleep I told her mummy's milk was all gone and got her to say bye bye mummy milk then I was firm but kind in reminding her all gone if she asked which to be fair she hardly did ad she accepted it

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->