How to talk to your doctor?

__brittneyyy

Reaction score
I had a miscarriage a year ago although unplanned, very much wanted and started trying to conceive after. I'm only 21 years old and all the females in my family have some history with PCOS or endometriosis. I didn't talk to my OB about ttc after my miscarriage because I wasn't sure at the time what I wanted to do. But my concern is now how do I bring it up with them? With my miscarriage my doctor was very adamant about birth control because of my age, which I refused, but I'm not sure how to talk to him about ttc or looking at possible issues with myself. I'm anxious because my mother, grandmother and aunt all had to have hysterectomies by the time they were 27. I've already had problems with ovarian cysts and irregular cycles but he didn't seem to worry too much about my family medical history.

Find a new doctor - one that you're comfortable talking to!

There's only one OBGYN office in my town, but I think I may have to find a new one. I'm just afraid no one will take me seriously due to my age.

Oh that's hard then. You have a right to be taken seriously regardless of your age... Just be honest, say that you have been trying to conceive for the last year but haven't had any success and want some help figuring out why and take it from there. He may even refer you to someone else (with any luck)!

Surely there's one in the next town over that will take you seriously. You do seem to be running against the clock, and you may not have an easy journey. If you want to TTC now, then you need to find a doc that understands that and respects your wishes. Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laree1820
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->