How to tell family that there excluded out of the birth?

With both births I tokd no-one til I was ready. It worked :) don't forget about what could be waiting for you at home though

I've always been strongly opposed to anyone in the room other than my husband but my whole family are of the same opinion so it was never really an issue. Also I liver interstate so there was never the crowd of people waiting at the hospital because it usually took a few days at least to get there. Lol

I think just not telling then labour has started and waiting till its over will definitely work. But if they've spent 9 months thinking they'll be there then suddenly they weren't might be a bit sad. I would just start saying things now in response to these remarks. When someone says "Oh I can't wait to be at the hospital waiting to hear if it's a boy or a girl" just say "well actually i just want it to be me, hubby and baby for the labour, birth and first few hours while I recover". I think making an announcement at the baby shower might be a bit awkward but definitely letting it come up in conversation and addressing it all at once will get it over and done with well. I worry that you'll have a whole bunch of people argue against the decision and band together against you tho.

You will have to be firm tho. I had to tell the same family members and friends NO they are not welcome to visit my son while he's in the NICU. In th3 end my rude ******* In-laws got sick of hearing No and booked their flights regardless. Lucky for them he was discharged a few days before they arrived. But seriously you will have to be FIRM.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->