how to tone tum??

4 leaf clover

Reaction score
Hi all,
Im 19 weeks pp & looking to tone my tummy, whats the best way?
Also, do your hips always stay wider after having baby or will they eventually go back to what they were?
I'm looking to lose my last bit of weight, i've got 5lbs to go. Ive been walking & doing zumba on the wii. I try & eat healthyily. Any thing else i can do to shift this last bit??

My hips have never gone back been 3.5yrs since first baby.
If got flab on belly doing cardio to shift that first is best then tone it with weights/strength training.

My hips went right back to pre-pregnancy size.
I did/do core muscles exercises for my belly and it went back pretty quick as well. I lost all but the last few lbs pretty quick and those slowly fell off over the next few months. Hockey, pushups, situps, etc for me. Running/walking vs hockey for those who don't play :D

might be off topic but I was wondering if anyone knows or personal experience if someone with a large midsection, like 48 inch waist, can ever have a 30 inch waist again? I have over a 100lbs to lose and so I am wondering if I am getting my hopes to high, which I am assuming I am....

Hi all,
Im 19 weeks pp & looking to tone my tummy, whats the best way?
Also, do your hips always stay wider after having baby or will they eventually go back to what they were?
I'm looking to lose my last bit of weight, i've got 5lbs to go. Ive been walking & doing zumba on the wii. I try & eat healthyily. Any thing else i can do to shift this last bit??

Hi there,
Like Lei said, the best way to 'tone' your tummy up is by doing a mixture of cardio and resistance exercises, and by eating healthily.
If you can reduce your body fat, your stomach will appear more toned.
My hips are smaller than they were pre-preg, but that's coz I'm not carrying as much fat now as I was before.
Hope that helps.
xx

some posts have been removed (including ones where quoted), please note the following forum rule & TOS

You may not post advertising, commission, referral or affiliate links (including sites whose main income is derived from affiliate or referral links).

I totally agree with what ILoveShoes said. Reducing body fat allows us to see muscle tone. Mix cardio with ab exercises and eat a healthy diet. Preferably an as close to natural as possible diet (no processed or packaged foods - I know this can be hard though).

It depends if your abs separated, I think.
Mine didn't. I did ab work after about 3 months.
xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->