How was your first experience at the fertility clinic?

1nceUponATime

Reaction score
So...long story short, my hubby and I have been trying a year for....I have not ovulated as far as I know, and each menstrual cycle has to be induced by a month of birth control (I've had like four cycles), and provera/clomid has not worked....and I've tried all the vitamins.

So, I made an appointment with a fertility clinic July 2nd.

I'm just curious what your first appointment was like? Was it just a consultation or did they schedule any testing? Or what was your experience in general...just looking for some positive vibes.

After trying all this time, and never even ovulating (although I fooled myself a couple times into thinking I had).....I am very discouraged.

hmm, I went to my doctor first as i thought i had pcos, so she sent me for blood tests and an internal scan, theyall came back fine so she referred me to the fertility clininc.
I had to pee in a pot when i got there and my DF had to do a sperm sample a couple of weeks before hand....they just asked me how often we BD and what supplement si take and what my cycles were like, then he prescribed me clomid and i have to have my tubes checked.

Thats about it so far. I'm not in the exact situation as you but thats what happened on my first visit :)

We were referred by the doctor as DH has a condition that can (and has) impact on fertility. He had a SA a few weeks before and then like pp said it was discussing results, medical history and how often we BD. We discussed our options as he said we would never be able to conceive naturally given the results. We were meant to go back 3 months later but i got a BFP 8 weeks later!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->