How & when did/will you tell lo they are going to be a big sis/bro?

Misskitty10

Reaction score
I have a little girl who's 3 1/2 and at the moment I am thinking of telling her at 12weeks by taking her along to the scan! Not sure whether to tell her just before we go in to the scan or what yet! How are everybody else telling their lo's?

My lil girl new before i did n she just says my baby sisters in ur belly mummy so we tried to turn it around and say soon if ur a good girl lol but shes very sure there is one lol but after 12 wks we will tell her 100% that shes gonna be a big sis

Thinking of waiting till after scan, probably won't take her though, they don't let children in for the scan other than a quick look at the end and if I take her DH will have to stay in the waiting room with her and I want him with me!

Oh I didn't know they weren't aloud in! Will defo have to rethink that then!!

Children are allowed to scans in my hospital.

The morning before my scan I told my son that we had to go to hospital to have a look in mummys tummy to see if there is a baby. He loved it x

My youngest is too young to understand and my older two im going to try and hold off telling until after 12 week scan mainly because they will let it slip to everyone else!! Xx

My son is 7 and has been asking for a sibling for quite some time. When I was pregnant with his sister (who passed in utero at 28 weeks) I told him right away, but he was a little guy, only 18mo old. He used to kiss my tummy and be very sweet.

Anyway, I'm not sure when to tell him with this one. Having to explain a loss would be so hard, especially because he has high-functioning Autism/Aspergers, and he would also spill the beans everyone else, lol. Even after a perfect scan and getting into the second trimester I still probably won't say a peep to anyone, but I suppose I have reason to be overly cautious.

My son is 7 and has been asking for a sibling for quite some time. When I was pregnant with his sister (who passed in utero at 28 weeks) I told him right away, but he was a little guy, only 18mo old. He used to kiss my tummy and be very sweet.

Anyway, I'm not sure when to tell him with this one. Having to explain a loss would be so hard, especially because he has high-functioning Autism/Aspergers, and he would also spill the beans everyone else, lol. Even after a perfect scan and getting into the second trimester I still probably won't say a peep to anyone, but I suppose I have reason to be overly cautious.

So sorry for your loss.

We have our scan on Friday and we are taking our LO out for a meal and to the amusements when we tell him after. We thought it would be easier with a picture plus he will tell everyone as soon as he knows so we have had to keep it a secret as we want him to be the first to know.

Our hospitals are also the same, children can come in right at the end but it means they have to have a parent sit outside with them and I'd rather have my hubby with me just in case

X

My youngest is too young to understand yet, but my daughter would be so excited. I'm not telling her until we've got confirmation all is well with bean. Explaining a loss to her would be too difficult for me... My father passed almost four years ago when she was 14 months and ever day we go through the cycle with her... 'Mommy why did my grandpa die? Mommy where is your daddy?' Can't imagination explaining baby loss to her so young

After having a scan at 10 weeks showing no hb i wouldnt take DS to a dating scan personally. Ive bled twice already this pregnancy and my dating scan is on Thursday but were considering waiting another few weeks to reduce the risk further. I cant wait for him to know as he keeps asking for a brother x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->