how will i cope with a baby - i cant even cope with the dog!

Lunaty, I've got a similar behaving dog. My Husky mix is great with his 'brother' at home and the only issues they've ever had with each other is when I feed raw so I just have to watch them. Otherwise, he generally hates any other dogs with a passion and would require a muzzle if loose or up close with them. He can be in public on a leash with another dog visible and just whine a bit (which we are working on), but if loose in the yard and he sees another one, he looks like a stegosaurus with his hair up!
Dog Whisperer techniques are awesome, however it's not something that can be easily done when you don't have access to other dog owners that you trust on a regular basis.

:rofl: I feel the same except about my (almost) 1 year old. but some how you just manage, it just becomes your new life and you get on with it. The thought of having a newborn and 20 month old is very exciting but also VERY scarey :haha: x

Feeding them inside in their own bowls is not an issue thank god, they can eat next to each other and be fine, they wait neatly for their food etc.

Though I will always keep an extra eye out since they've gone at each other 2-3 times when the neighbor was feeding them biscuits through our fence and when they both had a bone and there was only 1 left :dohh:

If she is walked on the lead, she'll just tug and stare (which i just cant get out with distraction or commands) but wont whinge or become a complete monster haha, it's just that when she is loose she'll run up and try to stand over the dog and if she spots any weakness at all she'll put the dog on it's back.. if other dog doesn't give in she either gets into a fight or she is fine with it and will walk of... :nope:

It's just such a total change as to how she is with humans, specially our son, she will just lye there and be climbed on and take the poking and prodding with pleasure :haha:

Both dogs go banana's when there is someone at the gate though :) Very protective of their territory but thats not a bad thing LOL At least hey do not bark 24/7 like the dog next door...

The pitty used to be dominant toward other dogs too , but with training etc she now rather just go about her own business ;) The only time she gets into trouble is if she is trying to help out her sister :wacko:

Anyhow... I guess every dog has it's quirks and it is something you will have to cope with when choosing to own dogs (or more specifically a high maintenance breed LOL)..

Lunaty, I've got a similar behaving dog. My Husky mix is great with his 'brother' at home and the only issues they've ever had with each other is when I feed raw so I just have to watch them. Otherwise, he generally hates any other dogs with a passion and would require a muzzle if loose or up close with them. He can be in public on a leash with another dog visible and just whine a bit (which we are working on), but if loose in the yard and he sees another one, he looks like a stegosaurus with his hair up!
Dog Whisperer techniques are awesome, however it's not something that can be easily done when you don't have access to other dog owners that you trust on a regular basis.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->