How would you feed future kiddies?

Would do the same as I did with my other two. Would express off whatever colostrum and milk I had for the first month and bottle feed it to baby alongside formula then go fully to formula at one month. I would be extremely reluctant to put the baby to the breast due to the pain and destroyed nipples I've had before. That way, I would feel I've done the same for all of them. I've never had any issues with formula - no digestive issues, allergies etc and have only ever used one milk which they were both great on. Is hypothetical though as I really have no desire what so ever for anymore.

I've FF this LO from the very start. Next time I'll try BF, as I'll most likely be having a c-section due to my previous birth meaning I most likely won't be in theatre under general anasethtic all night needing blood transfusions and drips whilst feeling like death warmed up for the next few weeks. I don't think I could have BF, especially as I ended up back in the hospital 3 weeks PP. I know people will tell me I could have tried, but when you felt like I did it was the last thing I wanted to do.

I've FF this LO from the very start. Next time I'll try BF, as I'll most likely be having a c-section due to my previous birth meaning I most likely won't be in theatre under general anasethtic all night needing blood transfusions and drips whilst feeling like death warmed up for the next few weeks. I don't think I could have BF, especially as I ended up back in the hospital 3 weeks PP. I know people will tell me I could have tried, but when you felt like I did it was the last thing I wanted to do.

And it's none of those people's business so the fact they feel they have the right to stick their nose into what you do and don't do with your own boobs says more about them than anything else!

I would totally try to breast feed the next one. For the main reason I have never experienced it and I felt like a failure for that. My LO had a tongue tie and wouldn;t latch so i expressed for a month but it wasn;t the same! I a so determined to give breast feeding a go next time. I want to experience it

There won't be another LO, but if there were, how would I feed him/her?

The exact same way I fed my 16yo DD and my 4 month old DS, with love and respect.:thumbup::flower:

After my experiences trying to BF Hadley I have to say I think I would go straight to formula next time. I wasted the first week of her life in tears and feeling like a total failure. It was only when a very kind midwife told me to stop beating myself up and "they're only this small once, feed her how you like and enjoy her" that I switched to formula. Even then I still carried on feeling guilt for a week asking my partner if he was happy with the choice we'd made and questioning it constantly. We tried, we really did but she just wasn't feeding and losing so much weight on breast milk. Now we're more settled I can see that formula was not just the best choice because of the feeding issues we had and Hadley's mucus but also I really don't think BF would have been a good fit for our family. I like that Grandma can feed her too, or my partner can take the 4am feed if I'm exhausted. I wouldn't want to feel tied to a pump or on tap constantly. I think it was not only better for Hads to be on formula but in the long run probably better for me mentally too.

But then even saying all of this I'm sure when the question gets asked for a second baby all the guilt will come flooding back to me.

if I have another child (not planning to) but I'm thinking of doing formula straight away. With my daughter it took me down in a mental state of depression because I felt locked away from everyone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->